Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you consider Pacquiao one of the best offensive fighters of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I was only talking about the 1st 4 rounds in that post.
    Well that's not how it came off. I can't remember which rounds I gave Manny up to that point but I remember that I had him winning at that point in the fight. I can review the fight again if you like but I don't think it's necessary really. There wasn't much done in the first few rounds anyways as I recall.

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
      funny, i keep coming up with this...

On January 7, 2010, both of the camps went into mediation to try and get the fight back on but Arum declared that the fight was officially off after Mayweather refused to agree to a 24-day cut-off date. Mayweather revealed that he offered a 14-day cut-off date to Team Pacquiao, but it was rejected.

...looks like a mexican standoff to me...
      No, it looks like you are avoiding the other reports about all that happened and are using this snippet because it places blame with Bob and allows you to avoid admitting Manny refused the fight.

Roach verified what happened. Now do you think he is lying? if so, just say so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
        Well that's not how it came off. I can't remember which rounds I gave Manny up to that point but I remember that I had him winning at that point in the fight. I can review the fight again if you like but I don't think it's necessary really. There wasn't much done in the first few rounds anyways as I recall.
        Ok, my fault. I thought it was clear we were only discussing the 1st 4 rounds at that point. I was shocked that you had Manny up 3-1, not that you gave Manny 3 or 4 rounds out of the fight.

Comment

• WesternChamp and djtmal if you believe Roach is lying please say so. if you think he said what he did out of spite or anger, please say so.

Roach is Manny team member and lover like you guys. Why would he lie about this?

Comment

No, it looks like you are avoiding the other reports about all that happened and are using this snippet because it places blame with Bob and allows you to avoid admitting Manny refused the fight.

Roach verified what happened. Now do you think he is lying? if so, just say so.
            i'm not avoiding jack...deal with the facts i got in front of you...

deal with the fact that in black and white, your boy refused a cut-off date offered by the pac's, and the fight was off...

Comment

i'm not avoiding jack...deal with the facts i got in front of you...

deal with the fact that in black and white, your boy refused a cut-off date offered by the pac's, and the fight was off...
              LMAO, did you actually understand what you posted? It says Bob declared the fight off. It also shows that Floyd moved from 0 days to 14 days, which is in between 24 and 0, and Manny refused again.

http://www.************.com/2014/09/...ver-happening/

The full article you got the snippet from is above.

Now the issue that came up in this time of the deal was when Pacquiao wanted a window for when the testing would stop. Promoter Bob Arum said it was down to Pacquiao being unsure about needles and he feels weakened when he gets blood taken from him. This sadly ended the fight and was called off. Later on Arum offered Floyd Mayweather a 24 hour take it or leave it offer to get the fight back on and accept team Pacquiao’s drug testing requests.

On January 7, 2010, both of the camps went into mediation to try and get the fight back on but Arum declared that the fight was officially off after Mayweather refused to agree to a 24-day cut-off date. Mayweather revealed that he offered a 14-day cut-off date to Team Pacquiao, but it was rejected. Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe declared on January 18, 2010, that random blood and urine testing will be implemented in all of Mayweather’s future fights, regardless of the opponent which ended up to be Shane Mosley and Pacquiao went on to face Joshua Clottey in fights both Mayweather and Pacquiao came out with a win.

Comment

LMAO, did you actually understand what you posted? It says Bob declared the fight off. It also shows that Floyd moved from 0 days to 14 days, which is in between 24 and 0, and Manny refused again.

it says mayweather refused a 24-day cutoff offer from the pac's...

thats all i need to know

mayweather wasn't the be-all and end all in boxing in 2009...maybe to you, but imo...they were on equal ground...

Comment

looks to me that floyd wanted 14 day, which the pac's countered with 24 day, and floyd said no fight and walked...how you equate that to pac, refusing anything is real funny, but you a floyd boy so...

but above that, who the f**k was floyd mayweather to insist anybody agree to take a 0 cut-off random blood test just to fight his black a** when nobody was operating like that...you sitting here acting like that s**t was fair to begin with...
                  Last edited by djtmal; 09-14-2017, 01:33 PM.

Comment

it says mayweather refused a 24-day cutoff offer from the pac's...

thats all i need to know

mayweather wasn't the be-all and end all in boxing in 2009...maybe to you, but imo...they were on equal ground...
                    haha. you forgot this part:

Fight negotiations between the two fighters and there camps in late 2009. In December it was reported that Pacquiao had signed a deal to fight Mayweather on March 13th 2010. Shortly after though Pacquiao denied these rumors and said he had never signed anything to the fight.
                    If Manny wanted the fight, why didn't he sign in December when there was no testing requested?

Comment

looks to me that floyd wanted 14 day, which the pac's countered with 24 day, and floyd said no fight and walked...how you equate that to pac, refusing anything is real funny, but you a floyd boy so...

but above that, who the f**k was floyd mayweather to insist anybody agree to take a 0 cut-off random blood test just to fight his black a** when nobody was operating like that...you sitting here acting like that s**t was fair to begin with...
                      That's because you either have poor reading comprehension or selectively avoided parts of the article which refute your position. IMO its the latter because you do that often, almost daily.

Comment

Working...
                      X