Collapse
No announcement yet.

AIBA removes all its judges

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The folk here would do a far better job than what the now former AIBA judges did.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      lol whered you read that?
      Here. More or less said everything was good with their investigation on themselves lol. But if you'd have told me they would be dumping their judges after that article a few days later I would have disagreed based on that previous article. That said this isn't a bad thing, just saying its odd of how things went down & perhaps is a sign of how bs the previous investigation on themselves was that they had to do this to save face.
      "Unprofessional relationships" within AIBA created an atmosphere of collusion between senior management and judges that undermined boxing at last year's Rio de Janeiro Olympics, the governing body said in a statement on Friday. It added, however, that an investigation committee had found no evidence of active interference in the results after carrying out 50 interviews over a four-month period.

AIBA said the 36 Rio referees and judges, who were sidelined pending the investigation, would now be reintegrated on a case-by-case basis.

A broad education programme involving boxers, coaches, officials and fans will be set up “to instil a greater understanding of scoring and give a strong reminder of the importance of sportsmanship, respect and fair play values. “The subjectivity of scoring is part of what makes the sport unique, and the nature of the contest means that strong opinions are formed by teams and fans, but that should not impact negatively on the integrity of the officials,” AIBA said.
      http://www.boxingscene.com/aiba-inve...-fixed--113073

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Here. More or less said everything was good with their investigation on themselves lol. But if you'd have told me they would be dumping their judges after that article a few days later I would have disagreed based on that previous article. That said this isn't a bad thing, just saying its odd of how things went down & perhaps is a sign of how bs the previous investigation on themselves was that they had to do this to save face.

http://www.boxingscene.com/aiba-inve...-fixed--113073
        Thats very curious, I wonder what happened since then to make them change their minds and dismantle the whole 5 star judging panel.

Comment

Working...
        X