No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dadashev Undergoes Two Hour Surgery, Part of Skull Removed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
    Im not familiar, is there many different kinds of hematomas? and what is a subdural hematoma?
    ... you'll find more here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subdural_hematoma

Comment

Good God, that's so sad to hear. Glad he's getting treatment though. The only thing worse than hearing he had part of his skull removed would be hearing that they should have done it but it's too late.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post

"Acute subdural hematomas have one of the highest mortality rates of all head injuries, with 50 to 90 percent of cases resulting in death.[25] About 20 to 30 percent of patients recover brain function"

Damn. This is no joke.

I read the symptoms as well and dadashev appeared to have had almost every single one of them. Weakness/lethargy, dizziness, confusion, vomiting, difficulty walking, loss of muscle control, inability to speak, loss of consciousness.

Its horrifying to even read about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
          Hopefully someone in the medical field can eventually think up a better way to gauge how much of a beating someone's brain has taken during a fight before it's too late. Just relying on the intuition of a referee or trainer is too risky.

Like some sort of nanoscale sensor a fighter can have attached to their skull that they wouldn't even notice is there but could detect if there is activity with bleeding in the brain or something.

IDK dude its really tricky literally the entire point of the sport is to punch the other guy in his brain. Maybe train these refs,trainers, ringside physicians much better in identifying the symptoms of brain trauma.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
            "Acute subdural hematomas have one of the highest mortality rates of all head injuries, with 50 to 90 percent of cases resulting in death.[25] About 20 to 30 percent of patients recover brain function"

Damn. This is no joke.

I read the symptoms as well and dadashev appeared to have had almost every single one of them. Weakness/lethargy, dizziness, confusion, vomiting, difficulty walking, loss of muscle control, inability to speak, loss of consciousness.

Its horrifying to even read about it.
            ... yes, I told you it is very bad...

Comment

Very sad. Wishing him the best and hoping for a full recovery.
              Good call by Buddy, but maybe they need to immediately get the fighter on his way to E.R. and not wait for the signs. I've said that before. But stretcher/EMTs was being brought in.

You can see him start to have difficulty walking, then throwing up at the end here:
              Warning: A bit graphic.

Comment

Too bad. Sad to say that I have never seen an instance where surgery to help swelling of the brain has led to a situation where the patient leads a normal life. I understand it is to save the persons life but to what extent.

In saying that, I truly hope Dadashev is an exception.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  Too bad. Sad to say that I have never seen an instance where surgery to help swelling of the brain has led to a situation where the patient leads a normal life. I understand it is to save the persons life but to what extent.

In saying that, I truly hope Dadashev is an exception.
                  No, man... unfortunately, he was turned into a vegetable...

Comment

Isn't the sport dangerous enough? Why did these medical personel let the dude walk? Put him in a ****ing stretcher or something. Jesus.

Comment

Terrible news. Hope he turns out okay in the end

Comment

Working...
                      X