No announcement yet.

I could really use an honest opinion about an incident that happened today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    I'm on your side. I despise cyclists on the road. I've had countless idiots cut me off even though they're moving about 20mph slower than me. And they look back at me like I'm the assh0le. Saw one guy on a bike the other day change three lanes over on a very busy road causing every vehicle to slow down for him.

Back to your story, he could have just been man and moved over and go on with the rest of his day, but cyclists always think they have the right of way as if they're pedestrians. Bunch of entitled, spandex wearing h0mos.

Good thing you didn't beat him up. But if you did, I wouldn't blame you man.

And I'm being objective by the way, I'm just letting you know how I generally feel about bikes on the road.
    They wont thats the issue. "They have the right to travel in the lane" Ive been backed up 10 deep doing 15 mph because of those nerds. Talk about pissed! I wish people would put themselves in others shoes. Theres a bike lane use it! NOPE theres rocks in it and the law says they dont have to use it. Thats how it is here anyway. Pisses me off!

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      You reacted fine.

Now you technically committed assault, but he did initiate the confrontation. He got what he asked for, imo.

No harm, no foul.

But do be aware as was mentioned, you never know who is packing.
      The truth is I knew he was not packing. At least in the sense that by the time he was trying to hold the door closed, I could see what he had access to.

I felt as though his continual pursuit of me was the threat and that by confronting him I was dealing with the threat, but yes I did put hands on first for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
        You committed an assault on him .Everyone is different I don’t put my hands on anyone unless I’m going to throw down I assume everyone is armed like me.You got your kid with you why would you provoke a possible violent situation.
        Well to answer that I wanted to throw down, and since he was acting in a manner that suggested he did I wanted to give him that chance. I knew he was not armed I assessed that.

But what is interesting is that to me he was provoking the violent situation. He is riding next to me harassing me in a manner that to me was a provocation. I see your point though and it is something to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
          Here’s my honest opinionC you’re a fucking idiot.
          Well to know that an idiot like you thinks bad of my judgement, you and Eddie Current is 2 in my favor. Thank You!:*******:

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
            They wont thats the issue. "They have the right to travel in the lane" Ive been backed up 10 deep doing 15 mph because of those nerds. Talk about pissed! I wish people would put themselves in others shoes. Theres a bike lane use it! NOPE theres rocks in it and the law says they dont have to use it. Thats how it is here anyway. Pisses me off!

I actually enjoy riding bicycles, but I don't ride them on main roads. If I couldn't drive for some reason, I would use public transportation. Most roads (especially busy main roads) just aren't very bicycle friendly, and it's the drivers that have no choice but to be more alert to make up for that.

You would think people on bikes would be much more passive and cautious. I just don't understand why cyclists act like they own the road and are always such assh0les about it. If riding a bike makes you that frustrated, go jogging instead. If you actually need one for transportation, take the bus. Sorry, but bicycles are just road hazards.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
              Well to know that an idiot like you thinks bad of my judgement, you and Eddie Current is 2 in my favor. Thank You!:*******:
              Personally I think you were in the right but it's dangerous to do in today's climate. Not only could that guy have been some mental case but any confrontation and the ***** will try to demonize you if they find out who you are.

Comment

Tough call, you had your son with you.

No son and I would have done the same. Talk **** get hit, if you think you're tough enough to talk **** you best back it up. I hate those kind of people. Ive been there, if someone comes up to me its on.

I had a couple guys cut in line at Disneyland of all places. Him and his buddy I guess didnt see the 50 or so people in line and thought they would just jump in the front. That didnt sit well with me. I approached them and they got all butt hurt. "calm down man its just a ride" its funny these people think they can just do whatever they want and no one will say or do anything. But when they get checked its MOMMY!!! Stand in line just like everyone else. I did get a applause from the other people in line doe lol.

Im a bit of a hot head myself when it comes to stupid people or people with no common sense. So I might be the wrong guy for advice lol.
                Its more along the lines of a real problem with injustice. I feel you on the ticket situation, yes I speak of and yes I teach my boys to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  Please be objective. I really want to know if I was out of line here: I will describe the incident with commentary.

I am driving back with my younger son of 15. We are almost home, I live in Charles Village in Baltimore. We are on a street known as Guilford. We stop and a bike is riding in the middle of the street. I honk him, and indicate "get over." Note that I did not curse, no middle finger, did not even yell really. My son and I sort of said "get over!" Again, not even so much as yelling. Well the next thing I know this guy is peddling furiously cursing, etc. We come to a stop sign, and again please Note: I stopped at the stop sign, did not even speed ahead, it just that a car goes faster than a bike, and I was ahead of him at the stop sign, despite him cursing behind me.

Well dude pulls up and is yelling and I tend to get a little funny when I have family, friends in the car, so I sort of say to my son..."I am going to **** this guy up." Note: I am a martial artist, and was not going to try to harm the guy, but I wanted to stop his crap and admittingly I wanted to teach him a lesson. So I pull over on the left side of the road while he is trying to berate me on the drivers side. As I get out he gets that scared look in his eyes and says "don't get out."

Well he done it, and I am preparing myself for the worse...the guy looks to be a hipster with an attitude but I always prepare when things get to this stage...Note: I mention this for a reason. I get out and shove the guy. I shove him around 3 times, asking him what he wants to do and telling him I will kill him. I know I know...I shouldn't have said that but I have like two gears...and this guy has asked for it in my mind. I did not hit him, I shoved him about three times theatening to take him out. He is scared 5h1tless and my son is like grabbing me begging that I don't go to jail.

So two other people are now on the scene and filming, etc. One other hipster is saying "get off the left side of the road." So the initial guy starts to get brave and as he is running away, is talking crap again. I get in the car and we drive away.

Heres the thing: I would not have actually smacked him with something unless he was man enough to confront me like a man...which he obviously was not. I learned a long time ago, that especially since i aint no 20 year old, I prepare myself and use my adrenaline. So yeah I did say I would kill the hipster. But my actions? I just shoved him around a bit...and he was not a small guy, about my height at least.

So:

did he have a right to start crap with me for asking him not to take the middle of the street? I generally have no problem with cyclists by the way, I give them plenty of room on the side.

Did I abuse the poor hipster? Was I being a bully? Or did I have a right to scare the crap out of him? My son is pissed at me because he thought the police would come later lol.

Thoughts?
                  Nice tale but i will play along.

All you had were you hands? You need to carry a gun on you when you leave your house?

i never saw where you said he attacked you. So you attacked him because he said some words to you even though you were gonna be out of each others' presence in less than 30 secs? Sensitive is the word that best describes you.

Don't let trivial stuff like that getting you in trouble with the law. Save it for more dangerous situations but hey i don't ever plan to go to an all-male lockdown like goats facility, maybe you don't have a problem with such facilities.

Comment

Something else to think about . If you have a CCW and you assault someone without reason you'll lose your CCW.
                    Ah.

Yeah, when I have a gun on me I make damn sure to let the other person initiate everything, just in case I have to use it. (I dont have a CCW, but in TX the Castle Doctrine is applied to your vehicles as well as your home).

Many years ago me and my wife were driving home on a highway at night. I was not in one of my performance cars (which is relevant) and since we were traveling I had a .38 in the center console. These were pre cell phone days as well.

I cant recall why, but a dude in a Camaro got upset at us. He started riding my ass with his brights on.

I did what you're told to do. I got over to let him pass. He got behind me, still riding my ass.

I moved to the slow lane, and he again followed.

Knowing I wasn't going to outrun the Camaro and wanting this to end, I pulled over under the first overpass we came to.

He pulled in behind me.

I rolled down the window and had the gun in my lap pointed at the opening. I told my wife if he walked up, it would be his last mistake.

She was terrified. I felt so bad for her. I was nervous myself, tbh.

I could see in my rearview mirror he had opened his door and his interior light was on. I could see two people in the car gesticulating alot.

About a minute or two later he closed the door and peeled out and went on his way.

I left a minute or so later and we got home no problem.

To this day, I often wonder if that guy realizes his passenger probably saved his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                      I'm on your side. I despise cyclists on the road. I've had countless idiots cut me off even though they're moving about 20mph slower than me. And they look back at me like I'm the assh0le (well I am, but I'm a pretty nice guy when driving). Saw one guy on a bike the other day change three lanes over on a very busy road causing every vehicle to slow down for him.

Back to your story, he could have just been a man and moved over and go on with the rest of his day, but cyclists always think they have the right of way as if they're pedestrians. Bunch of entitled, spandex wearing h0mos.

Good thing you didn't beat him up. But if you did, I wouldn't blame you man.

And I'm being objective by the way, I'm just letting you know how I generally feel about bikes on the road.
                      I generally don't mind accomodating them when they are not obstructing. I don't usually have a problem with them. I also understand that when they are obstructing others it is very frustrating and depending on where one lives, it can be a real issue.

In San Francisco they can be awful. Do you live on the West Coast? they are worse for sure on the left coast.

Comment

Working...
                      X