No announcement yet.

Nerves/Mental Battles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
    You can have the mindset that its going to be fun and easy and still be focused and not take it/your opponent lightly.

So much of our reality is our perception. If you're looking for a reason to get upset, its very likely that you'll find one or make one out of something that normally wouldn't upset you as much or at all.

Have a mindset that its hard is going to make it more difficult for you to feel comfortable and will probably increase anxious energy and drain your stamina more quickly, in my opinion and in my experience that was the case.
    How many sanctioned bouts have you had? …….Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      How many sanctioned bouts have you had? …….Rockin'
      Just had my 4th a couple weeks back.

Comment

I find it so interesting how people are so varied in their boxing routines, methods, mentality, yet everyone is walking parallel with each other. Same goals, same ideas, just individually adapting them to their own.

I can't seem to catch up to you guys fast enough lol.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
          Just had my 4th a couple weeks back.
          Wow, 4 whole bouts..... I'll never question your obvious boxing authority, ever again......Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
            Wow, 4 whole bouts..... I'll never question your obvious boxing authority, ever again......Rockin'
            lol never claimed to be an expert, clearly stated in my opinion and in my experience.

I could also say something like
            "how many times have you fought this year?" or something but I'm not an ******* and were allowed to have differing opinions on the subject.

You originally responded to me and not the other way around.

Comment

My point being that inbetween the 2nd and 3rd round of my 3rd sanctioned bout (albeit I'm sure some of it was being drained from the weight cut), even though I felt like I was winning the fight and was getting the better of my opponent I still had to sort of pep myself up I remember thinking something along the lines of "wow I feel tired this is difficult and I still have another round.", and of course the ultimate motivator is that besides not quitting, "Its only 2 minutes."

Now compared to my 4th fight when I worked on my mental (and not really any weight cut), in a fairly similar situation between the 2nd and 3rd round I felt great, didn't feel tired, didn't need to pep myself up. My coach even talked about how much different my body language was between rounds.

Disclaimer: That is my personal experience, and I was in no way referring to or disregarding anyone else's specific contributions to the thread.

Comment

I think the consensus is nerves/jitters/fears (whatever you want to call it) will subside with experience and with experience comes the knowledge of how to mentally prepare (to each individual circumstance).

I respect that. Keep on, keeping on.

Thanks, never a dull moment here lol.

Comment

Originally posted by cv808 View Post
                  Thanks, never a dull moment here lol.
                  You can say that again.

Comment

Working...
                  X