Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Canelo allowed to wear knee brace for ggg rematch and jacobs fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was Canelo allowed to wear knee brace for ggg rematch and jacobs fight?

When it's clearly illegal. Martinez was denied a knee brace against cotto. Is it because the commission is gay for him and like his red hair and freckles?

http://tss.ib.tv/boxing/featured-art...a-no-go-in-nyc

Boxers will not be permitted to wear a knee brace during a bout. Boxers will be permitted to wear a knee sleeve during a bout under the following conditions: (1) the boxer will receive no competitive advantage from wearing the sleeve; (2) the knee sleeve will not pose any danger to the boxer’s opponent; and (3) the boxer—without the knee sleeve—is found medically fit to compete by the physician appointed by the Commission to examine the boxer prior to the scheduled bout.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
      Martinez was denied a knee brace against cotto.

lol lol lol

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
        Lmao the funny thing here, is that he answer his own question

Boxers will be permitted to wear a knee sleeve during a bout under the following conditions: (1) the boxer will receive no competitive advantage from wearing the sleeve; (2) the knee sleeve will not pose any danger to the boxer’s opponent; and (3) the boxer—without the knee sleeve—is found medically fit to compete by the physician appointed by the Commission to examine the boxer prior to the scheduled bout.

Comment

That fight was in New York while the GGG and Jacobs fights were in Nevada. Different states have different regulations. I just checked the the Nevada State Athletic Commission rules and regulations and it doesn't look like there's anything in there that prohibits boxers from wearing knee braces.

Here's the link if anyone else wants to check. Always a chance I could have missed it

https://www.leg.state.nv.us/NAC/NAC-467.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy 23 View Post

lol lol lol
            That's a knee sleeve not a knee brace.

Comment

Originally posted by KO MX View Post
              Lmao the funny thing here, is that he answer his own question

Boxers will be permitted to wear a knee sleeve during a bout under the following conditions: (1) the boxer will receive no competitive advantage from wearing the sleeve; (2) the knee sleeve will not pose any danger to the boxer’s opponent; and (3) the boxer—without the knee sleeve—is found medically fit to compete by the physician appointed by the Commission to examine the boxer prior to the scheduled bout.
              You clearly don't understand the difference between a brace and a sleeve. Did you graduate from middle school?

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                That's a knee sleeve not a knee brace.
                If you look CLOSELY...his knees have padding... unless Martinez was 200 years old where his skin folded and overlapped itself at the knees...

Comment

You know what I don’t understand why Canelo was allowed to even fight an overrated guy in the first place that was unfair to ggg and his fans sure ggg looked like the real deal but it wasn’t fair he was so used to facing bums while canelo was facing top fighter after top fighter smh totally unfair for ggg I say they reverse the loss because to make it fair canelo should have worn ankle weight and 20oz gloves to even things out.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                    You know what I don’t understand why Canelo was allowed to even fight an overrated guy in the first place that was unfair to ggg and his fans sure ggg looked like the real deal but it wasn’t fair he was so used to facing bums while canelo was facing top fighter after top fighter smh totally unfair for ggg I say they reverse the loss because to make it fair canelo should have worn ankle weight and 20oz gloves to even things out.
                    You know what I don't understand. Why can't One of boxings top supposed p4p fighter beat a guy 10 year older than him cleanly with no controversy. Without 90 percent of the media having ggg winning both fights. Besides having a 10 year age advantage, he needs the ref's help, a knee brace, and the judges. LMAO. That's pathetic.
                    Last edited by satiev1; 05-08-2019, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X