No announcement yet.

Carlos Ortiz vs Flash Elorde (Video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chups
    Why don't you show us a Mexican KOing a Pinoy instead of relying with the Puerto Rican fighters. Give me 1 Mexican Knocking out a Pinoy and I'll give you 5 Pacquiao KOing a Mexican....LOL.
    LOL... I cant find one bro, there isnt even any phillipino fighter out there to compete with besides pacquiao...

Comment

if being a champion for 7 years is being a bum then what's not? getting a draw against pac?

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret
        LOL... I cant find one bro, there isnt even any phillipino fighter out there to compete with besides pacquiao...

Not even a Pinoy bum?? You lazy bum.....

Comment

Originally posted by flipside
          if being a champion for 7 years is being a bum then what's not? getting a draw against pac?
          This aint Pac, its flash Elorde, since you know about boxing, why dont you talk about Elorde.. one of your "hero" who was a piece of **** anyway.

Comment

This aint Pac, its flash Elorde, since you know about boxing, why dont you talk about Elorde.. one of your "hero" who was a piece of **** anyway.
            i know who it is. do you understand english? ese

Comment

Calling a guy "a piece of ****" coming from "a piece of twat" like you xcarriot is a compliment.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by IwatchBoxing
                Yeah, I won't name him, but he'll lay out xcaret's hero too
                Yo, I like your sig. Kid Chocolate Peter Quillin is good. Yo, that time you thought you were talking to Gato Figueroa, that was him.

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation
                  Yo, I like your sig. Kid Chocolate Peter Quillin is good. Yo, that time you thought you were talking to Gato Figueroa, that was him.
                  for real, I dont know, at that time I was talking a lot of **** (still do), so I taught he was an alternative account or something trying to screw with me, I asked which trunks he wore (Puerto Rican flag trunks), and he never replied did he tell you it was him? Quillin is gonna be the next great Cuban boxer, first time I seen how accurate he was, I said he looked like star...

Comment

Both Ortiz and Elorde are in the Hall of Fame; bums don't get there. If one claims they do, then, one should be ready to get an earful from the people who vote enshrinees into the Hall.

The clip features the second Ortiz-Elorde encounter at the MSG (the first was in Manila where Elorde also lost-TKO14). Ortiz went up the ring in NY only about a year older with 54 fights behind him; Elorde has had 101.

Before winning the World Lightweight crown, Ortiz won the vacant World Jr. Welterweight diadem as he stopped Kenny Lane in the 2nd (Lane was dropped but the fight was stopped on cuts) but lost it in his first title defense against Duilio Loi by MD. Loi and Ortiz met again to settle the controversy. Loi knocked Ortiz down in the 6th before going on to settle the score with a UD.After two fights at Jr. Welter following the Loi loss, Ortiz went down to 135 lbs. and took the title from Joe Brown-- "Ole' Bones".

On the other hand, Elorde started his career at Bantamweight, tried to win the world Featherweight crown from the great Sandy Saddler (whom he had beaten in an earlier non-title tiff), failed, then moved up to rule the Jr. Lightweight class for so long that he currently holds the distinction of having been the longest ruling champ in that division's history. He was undisputed.
                    It was while still Jr. Lightweight champion that Elorde challenged Ortiz for the Lightweight title that the latter held. Elorde earned the right to face Ortiz as he held the Orient Lightweight diadem alongside his Jr. Lightweight title.

Between their two meetings, Elorde and Ortiz had a common foe:

Ortiz met Ismael Laguna twice. He lost to Laguna in the first meeting thus enabling the latter to reign for some 6 months before surrendering the title back to Ortiz in the return match.

Elorde knocked Laguna down twice (in the fourth and then the 9th) on the way to a UD win in their only meeting which was a non-title Lightweight bout that came after Laguna had already returned the title to Ortiz.

Just for the record: Ortiz is Puerto Rican.

Comment

Ortiz highlight

Comment

Working...
                      X