No announcement yet.

what if

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what if

what if max baer 6'3 220 the guy that put itailan strongman primo carnera down 12 times took on george foreman 6'3 200 the guy that knocked joe frazier down 6 times fought. i never saw this thread before. i thing it would be very interesting. id pick baer by 8th round knockout what do you guys think

what if max baer 6'3 220 the guy that put itailan strongman primo carnera down 12 times took on george foreman 6'3 200
    What do you mean by that? Foreman was 6'4 and around 225 and Baer was 6'2 and 220. Frazier was way better than Carnera and Foreman was way better than Baer so I don't know what your getting at.

Comment

Baer always has a chance with that right hand, but you just have to favour foreman. He's bigger, stronger, and hits harder.. both are lacking in the skill dept thus it would be a brawl, Foreman with his greater physical attributes knocks Baer out.

Comment

Originally posted by Heckler
        Baer always has a chance with that right hand, but you just have to favour foreman. He's bigger, stronger, and hits harder.. both are lacking in the skill dept thus it would be a brawl, Foreman with his greater physical attributes knocks Baer out.
        i dont know if foreman had greater physical attributes. baer was a undefeated fighter before he killed that guy in the ring

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger
          What do you mean by that? Foreman was 6'4 and around 225 and Baer was 6'2 and 220. Frazier was way better than Carnera and Foreman was way better than Baer so I don't know what your getting at.
          exactly how i feel...foreman knocking down frazier all those times is a better accomplishment than knocking down crappy carnera...and the above poster? u dont know if foreman has better physical attributes then baer? what r u on...

Comment

Originally posted by sleazyfellow
            exactly how i feel...foreman knocking down frazier all those times is a better accomplishment than knocking down crappy carnera...and the above poster? u dont know if foreman has better physical attributes then baer? what r u on...
            what are you on. baer was just as big and as strong as foreman. hell not only did he bust carnera up, but he beat a prime max schemling and jack sharkey. his right hand is probably the best in the history of boxing, and he was a better boxer than a young george foreman

Comment

Originally posted by king4fore
              what are you on. baer was just as big and as strong as foreman. hell not only did he bust carnera up, but he beat a prime max schemling and jack sharkey. his right hand is probably the best in the history of boxing, and he was a better boxer than a young george foreman
              best right hand? how about earnie shavers or foreman..baer is overrated to hell, hes a freaking clown in the ring if u saw him fight braddock..

Comment

Anyone who says they know for a fact that Foreman hit harder than Baer is a fool. Both guys were tops in the punching power department. Taking a punch from either was like getting hit by a mack truck. Both were very similar in size and frame (Baer was about 6' 2 1/2" and Foreman a little over 6'3", Foreman heavier but IMO slightly softer than the chiseled Baer), so to give Foreman any kind of edge is just bias.

I'm not saying that I know if one guy hit harder than the other but anyone who says that he knows without a shred of a doubt that Foreman hit harder than Baer is just talking out of his ass.

A fight between the two would be an exciting slugfest, with Baer's superior stamina and IMO edge in the chin department would be significant factors as well as Foreman's power in both hands and his jab.

I think it's a pick 'em fight. Could go either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Achilles
                  Anyone who says they know for a fact that Foreman hit harder than Baer is a fool. Both guys were tops in the punching power department. Taking a punch from either was like getting hit by a mack truck. Both were very similar in size and frame (Baer was about 6' 2 1/2" and Foreman a little over 6'3", Foreman heavier but IMO slightly softer than the chiseled Baer), so to give Foreman any kind of edge is just bias.

I'm not saying that I know if one guy hit harder than the other but anyone who says that he knows without a shred of a doubt that Foreman hit harder than Baer is just talking out of his ass.

A fight between the two would be an exciting slugfest, with Baer's superior stamina and IMO edge in the chin department would be significant factors as well as Foreman's power in both hands and his jab.

I think it's a pick 'em fight. Could go either way.
                  Completely agree. Think Foreman-Lyle....but wilder. I do believe the first round, or most of the first round would be a feeling out process with both men respecting the other's punching power. But, as soon as somebody get's hit...it's on...and up for grabs. I would give a slight edge to Foreman based on attitude. Baer never took training seriously enough and would regularly play around in the ring....like he did in the Carnera fight where he walked over between rounds and steped in Primo's rosin pan. George was all business; and I think, eventually, that would be the difference, though Maxie would get serious as soon as he got hit. It is a pick 'em fight; but I'd give the edge, the slightest of edges, to George for his pure, unadulterated meanness.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG
                    Completely agree. Think Foreman-Lyle....but wilder. I do believe the first round, or most of the first round would be a feeling out process with both men respecting the other's punching power. But, as soon as somebody get's hit...it's on...and up for grabs. I would give a slight edge to Foreman based on attitude. Baer never took training seriously enough and would regularly play around in the ring....like he did in the Carnera fight where he walked over between rounds and steped in Primo's rosin pan. George was all business; and I think, eventually, that would be the difference, though Maxie would get serious as soon as he got hit. It is a pick 'em fight; but I'd give the edge, the slightest of edges, to George for his pure, unadulterated meanness.
                    id pick baer by 10th rd tko. baer had his power for 15 rounds were as foreman got weaker each round,baer was a very underrated fighter

Comment

Working...
                    X