Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murray Vs Macklin. Who Wins?

There is talk of a Middleweight fight for later this year between
    Matthew Macklin and Martin Murray.

Macklin had considered retirement after a disappointing KO defeat in Dublin against Jorge Heiland last November

But now he has called out Murray in an attempt to make one final run at a world championship. A win over Murray would put Macklin right back into contention for a title shot.

How do you guys think this fight would go?

My Opinion:

I like Macklin. I would be routing for him to succeed, but I really don't think he has much of a chance against Martin Murray. Murray is just on different level to Macklin right now. I will go for a TKO win for Murray between rounds 8 and 10.
    Murray by KO/TKO
    40.00%
    Murray by Decision
    60.00%
    Macklin by KO/TKO
    0.00%
    Macklin by Decision
    0.00%
    Draw
    0.00%
    Last edited by Cut Man; 03-09-2015, 12:34 PM.

Absolutely no chance does Macklin win this. He is beyond shot. Nice guy but he should really hang them up.

Comment

Have to go with Murray. Macklin was a good fighter but Sergio took his confidence away and GGG took his heart.

Comment

Macklin is shot as ****. The old pressure fighter version of Macklin could have probably beaten Murray, but not anymore. Its too bad Barker, Macklin, Lee, and Murray never fought each other when they could.

Comment

I'd pick murray on points

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            Macklin is shot as ****. The old pressure fighter version of Macklin could have probably beaten Murray, but not anymore. Its too bad Barker, Macklin, Lee, and Murray never fought each other when they could.
            I doubt Macklin's training properly. He's in a gym in Marbella run by drug dealers and he's no longer working with Jamie Moore. I don't think he's shot as such, but he may never get back to his best again.

You would easily pick Murray to win right now, although we'll have to see how the Golovkin fight affects him too.

Comment

Working...
            X