No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko vs. Bryant Jennings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by L33tboxingdewd View Post
    Jennings is actually just as flleet of foot as Wladimir. THat is Wlad's best asset, yet also most unnoticed - his foot speed, ad dexterity.

Jennings will make it harder for Wlad to find and dictate range; By-by moves around on the outside, staying out of range, and timing his shots off the jab.

It'll be interesting if he can slip that jab up and under Wlad's, and target that body/rib-cage area, as well as up-shoot it to his chin area.

He's Wlad's fastest opponent since Haye - ad he's a much better, more fluid boxer than Haye.

Jennings @ 6'2'' 220 with low bodyfat means he's far from a "small" HW.
    Whist I somewhat agree here, Jennings simply hasn't the arsenal to command respect from the champion. Jennings can make this an entertaining fight if he sets the tempo and as you say using his fluidity, keeping Wlad on his toes, off setting the champs balance and in turn making him reset each time he sets himself.

The fact he has so little experience and struggled with Perez and has hit the floor from lesser men than the ATG Wladimir, I just don't see a case for the challenger.

I enjoy his fights, I've followed him since he starting appearing alongside Adamek, he just simply does not belong at the very top alongside guys like Klitschko, Povetkin and Pulev. He would school the likes of Browne and Glazkov, so he can certainly rebuild after this fight if he loses as I believe he will by KO., though I expect him to struggle to get himself top opposition like Pulev did, he needs somebody big behind him like Povetkin to get the higher ranked fighters to risk their lofty ranked positions against him. Is Gary Shaw still with ROC ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      Be really interesting to see if Jennings can have any success in the clinch. I think too many of Wlads past opponents (especially the smaller ones) have kind of accepted the clinch, most likely because Wlad is bigger than them and is way more experienced than them in there. Saying the words is different to actually doing it, but if Jennings can get inside and maintain punching distance/ keep his hands free, we could be in for an interesting fight.

OVerral I can see Jennings causing Wlad a few problems, but over 12 rounds Klitschko's experience, power and boxing brain will surely be too much. I'm interested now though where I wasnt when the fight was announced.
      I'll give Pulev that much, as much of an immobile punching bag as he was he did try to bully Wlad in the clinch and didn't do half bad at it.

I don't think Jennings is ready for the stage or experience Wlad brings. Maybe one day, probably not, but not right now. I hope I'm wrong, because I really like Jennings. Hopefully his confidence isn't shattered to pieces after this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
        That guy is a bonfire ******, he can hold Wlad's piece whilst he urinates if he needs the money. Wlad should proposition him.
        wlad seriously needs to put some sort of restraining order against that weirdo. who knows what he is capable of. he has already taken his obsession of wlad to ultimate creep levels.

Comment

• Wlad looks really worried in this pic shot yesterday...

Comment

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
            Wlad looks really worried in this pic shot yesterday...

D'aww. He's teaching her the family tradition.

Comment

• B-Hop looking tiny...

Comment

• I think Personal and Motivational circumstances may effect Wladimir this weekend

I worry for Wlad. i think Jennings is a vey live underdog. Athletic, and skillful undefeated fighter.

But thats the ;east of his worries. He is now 39, and you have to question whether he is motivated anymore. hes not going to break Joe louis record.

But again thats the least of his worries. I THINK having a child is his main concern. Dont get me wrong, i think its great news that Wlad is a father. But this could effect his not just motivation, but his agression. Will Wlad have the spite and contempt he showed in the Pulev fight?

To be honest i think his biggest motivation is Trying to impress the American Audience.

Thoughts?

Comment

• Wlad should fight even better now that he has a little girl to support.

Wilder's motivation to box is his daughter, and he's come a long way.

Comment

• Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
                    I worry for Wlad. i think Jennings is a vey live underdog. Athletic, and skillful undefeated fighter.

But thats the ;east of his worries. He is now 39, and you have to question whether he is motivated anymore. hes not going to break Joe louis record.

But again thats the least of his worries. I THINK having a child is his main concern. Dont get me wrong, i think its great news that Wlad is a father. But this could effect his not just motivation, but his agression. Will Wlad have the spite and contempt he showed in the Pulev fight?

To be honest i think his biggest motivation is Trying to impress the American Audience.

Thoughts?
                    Fighters have kids all the time. Stop being a ****ing emo.

Comment

• what spite and contempt did wlad show against pulev? he still held 49 times in 4 rounds. i think the knockout is giving you amnesia about that fight. it was god awful. wlad has never ever cared about impressing fans or following the rules. he will cheat the rules as always and stink out the joint. if he scores a knockout everyone will forget about his cheating ways.

Comment

Working...
                      X