Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns-Miguel Vazquez Unification Mega Show

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Props to Miguel Vasquez for being willing to fight overseas.

(unlike the pampered Adrien Broner, who refuses to fight Burns in the UK).

Comment

Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns-Miguel Vazquez Unification Mega Show

Promoter Frank has put together a blockbuster event ‘Rule Britannia’ on Saturday 16th March at Wembley Arena featuring some of the biggest stars in British boxing including Ricky Burns, Nathan Cleverly, George Groves, Dereck Chisora and Liam Walsh, all live and exclusive on the Home of Champions BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546).

WBO World Lightweight Champion Burns headlines the show in a sizzling unification showdown against tough Mexican IBF World Champion Miguel Vazquez.

Burns, 27, returns to action following his tremendous 2012 when he become Scotland’s first two-weight world champion in twenty years and ended the year stopping long-time rival Kevin Mitchell inside four rounds.
      [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Old school Frank Warren show. Great stuff. The jocks on tour, and a London boys turn out. This one will be fizzling all night.

Cant wait.

Comment

Rumours that Chisora's opponent may be Manuel Charr.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            Rumours that Chisora's opponent may be Manuel Charr.
            I thought Charr already turned that down, called Chisora a nobody?

Comment

Fair play to Vasquez for coming over here to fight. Shame the fight isn't in Scotland, as it would be a sell out, but you can't have everything. I'll definitely be going down the road for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                I thought Charr already turned that down, called Chisora a nobody?
                Just a rumour.

Chisora's promoter Warren said he'd prefer an American but the main priority is Chisora getting that win.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                  Yeah, I agree. That's about the only good thing that can come out of this.
                  Thats the only good thing you can see coming out of a Unification bout? Forget the fact two world class fighters will be getting in the ring an all...

This is a good fight in its own right, even if the styles wont match up to make it exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by TGD View Post
                    Fair play to Vasquez for coming over here to fight. Shame the fight isn't in Scotland, as it would be a sell out, but you can't have everything. I'll definitely be going down the road for this one.
                    I reckon Warren will do better in London with this card, especially in a big stadium like Wembley.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      So Burns is side-stepping by asking Broner to come to the UK, whereas Broner isn't side-stepping by asking Burns to go to the US?

Broner claimed he tried to come to the UK in December as Ocampo's replacement, so maybe it can happen.

Alternatively, if they put half a mill up for Burns (his asking price) he would probably travel to the US.

I think the fight gets made at some point. But, this is a big fight on its own.
                      No disrespect to Burns, I like what I see from both fighter, but I was implying Burn's team would be okay with the fight not happening because they know Broner would be a huge favorite to win if the fight is made. Losing the bout to a guy that probably won't be at 135 for too long might not be worth the payday.

Again, I really don't mean to disrespect Burns or UK fans because Ricky's really good, but Broner is an animal on his way up right now and if the fight gets made, he'd rightly be a huge favorite regardless of where it takes place.

The last time a Haymon fighter went abroad was Dirrell, and that was only because it was the Super Six, right? I don't see a Haymon guy going to another country to fight, but if Broner is confident enough maybe it can happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X