No announcement yet.

Todd duBoef: Pacquiao will make about $30 million on Saturday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
    Promoter says Manny Pacquiao could make more than $25 million from Saturday’s fight
    By Kevin Iole | Boxing – 14 minutes ago

Manny Pacquiao greets actor Mark Wahlberg (Chris Farina/Top Rank)
    LAS VEGAS -- Manny Pacquiao will make in excess of $25 million for fighting Juan Manuel Marquez on Saturday at the MGM Grand Garden and could reach $30 million if the fight does a brisk business, Top Rank president Todd duBoef said.
    Pacquiao's guarantee on the Nevada Athletic Commission contract is $8.595 million, executive director Keith Kizer said Wednesday. Marquez will earn a guarantee of $3 million. But pay-per-view boxers like Pacquiao and Marquez earn much more than their guarantees.

Manny Pacquiao will make about $25 million for fighting Juan Manuel Marquez (Chris Farina/Top Rank)
    Pacquiao will get a large chunk from his upside on HBO Pay-Per-View sales, which are expected to exceed 1 million and could equal the 1.3 million sales he reached for his Nov. 12, 2011, bout with Marquez.
    Adding in foreign television money, that will easily put Pacquiao over $25 million, duBoef said.
    DuBoef said closed circuit locations that show the bout are up from the 2011 fight between them, continuing what he said was a trend in Pacquiao fights. He said that despite the controversial result in his June 9 loss to Timothy Bradley, interest in Pacquiao doesn't seem to have waned.
    "We're getting more of the bars and restaurants, the chains, the Hooters, the Buffalo Wild Wings, places like that, buying the fight," duBoef said. "If [interest in Pacquiao is decreasing], I am not seeing it."
    In a study of the highest-paid athletes from June 2011 through June 2012 done by Forbes, Pacquiao was second on the list with earnings of $62 million. According to Forbes, Pacquiao made $56 million in purses and $6 million in endorsements.

Floyd Mayweather is the world's highest-earning athlete (AP)
    Rival boxer Floyd Mayweather was No. 1 on the list, with $85 million in earnings, all from purses. Golfer Tiger Woods was third with $59.4 million in earnings.
    Pacquiao and Mayweather each had two fights in the time period that covers the Forbes' study. Pacquiao fought Marquez on Nov. 12, 2011, and met Bradley on June 9. Mayweather fought Victor Ortiz on Sept. 17, 2011, and Miguel Cotto on May 5, 2012.
    A fight between Mayweather and Pacquiao still would be the richest fight in boxing. Top Rank chairman Bob Arum said he thinks it could do close to 3 million on pay-per-view.
    Arum said fans are sick of the negotiations, but said if the fight were made, the interest would percolate again.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing...2324--box.html
    That $30 million figure is a potential amount if the fight sells really well. I don't believe Pac ever makes the amount that Arum claim he maks. I don't beleve that the last fight broke the 1 million PPV mark, in spite of what Arum claims. And I don't think this fight will sell more than 700,000 PPVs, in spite of the fact that Bob Arum will claim that it sold 1.5 million. In their last fight, Pac was guaranteed $5 million and Arum claimed he would make $26 million. He probably made no more than $12 or $13 million after his cut of the PPVs. This fight he is guaranteed $8.5 million. I think Pac demanded a bigger guarantee because he got the shaft in the last fight; and he will end up making around $15 or $16 million after the PPV's are factored in.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
      That $30 million figure is a potential amount if the fight sells really well. I don't believe Pac ever makes the amount that Arum claim he maks. I don't beleve that the last fight broke the 1 million PPV mark, in spite of what Arum claims. And I don't think this fight will sell more than 700,000 PPVs, in spite of the fact that Bob Arum will claim that it sold 1.5 million. In their last fight, Pac was guaranteed $5 million and Arum claimed he would make $26 million. He probably made no more than $12 or $13 million after his cut of the PPVs. This fight he is guaranteed $8.5 million. I think Pac demanded a bigger guarantee because he got the shaft in the last fight; and he will end up making around $15 or $16 million after the PPV's are factored in.

That's crazy loot. No one in combat sports, besides may weather makes that type of money.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
        For elite fighters like Manny and Marquez the guaranteed number is just a number that are stated in the commissions ledger, but the bulk of the purse is still the PPV shares, plus ofcourse along with some others like gate sales and fight endorsements... So even if they they put 1mill guarantees each for Manny and Juan, depending on their contracted percentage on PPV sales, gate sales and fight endorsers, Manny will still earn 25-30million and Juan will be getting way more that 10million... If you are a bum boxers, guaranteed check is what you will only get, but the elites talk in percentage of the total income.... That's why if you can remember when Manny was still negotiating for the Hatton fight, there was no talk of how much would be the guaranteed pay, they were haggling 51-49 purse split in favor of Manny, that was 51% of the total income...

Comment

i thought marquez guarantee in the 3rd fight was 5 mill if so why is it 3 mill for this fight?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            They forgot to say "Pacquiao will make $30 million, but we will take 27% from there, as well as Roach and Team Pacquiao's cut, and GBP's percentage".
            It isn't 27% for TR. Just to confirm.

Comment

Working...
            X