Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Maidana wins by brutal knockout over Morales it does nothing for him.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Maidana wins by brutal knockout over Morales it does nothing for him.

Marcos Maidana vs. Erik Morales is the most pointless fight I have seen in a while.

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
    Marcos Maidana vs. Erik Morales is the most pointless fight I have seen in a while.
    but if morales whips maidana........

i give maidana props for giving an aging champion like morales a chance to see if he still has it. who knows?

this is boxing, and anything can happen.
    Last edited by AFighter4U; 02-24-2011, 12:18 AM.

Comment

remember when floyd fought mosley and odlh?

when odlh fought jcc? then again?

when kostya fought jcc?

when kostya fought roger?

when pacman fought odlh?

etc

Comment

It'll probably be his biggest payday. It does a lot for him.

Maidana isn't some up and coming prospect who has the potential to be a top 10 pound for pound prospect who needs guiding along to pick up ring generalship and technique. He is what he is and I applaud him for getting this check.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
          It'll probably be his biggest payday. It does a lot for him.

Maidana isn't some up and coming prospect who has the potential to be a top 10 pound for pound prospect who needs guiding along to pick up ring generalship and technique. He is what he is and I applaud him for getting this check.
          Yeah, exactly. Why would someone like Maidana turn down this fight, when people are starting to pay him attention and giving chances for popularity? Also this is a huge payday for him.

Comment

a stay busy fight that pays well, also a world class name on the resume should he win, and if he were to lose, then maidana will need to assess his boxing skills.

honestly i don't see this as being a good fight for either guy, but then again, with all the craziness that's been happening in the boxing world as well as the real world, who knows, we could have a classic just waiting to unveil....... im not that optimistic, obviously morales is really trying to make a go at it, because i see no reason for him to try and continue his comeback with such a able power puncher. maybe morales thinks thats all maidana is and so he thinks he can out slick him like he did pacquiao.......

not sure.

Comment

maidana gains nothing but a payday for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
                All it will do is turn alot of fans away from him for destroying the shell of a legend. I hate this fight.

Comment

cotto/mayorga and mosley/pacquiao are worse, since all those 4 names had success in boxing already (mayorga picked up checks before)....to a fan standpoint, this fight sucks. but for maidana, its a good paycheck and opportunity to get his name more out there.

Comment

I don't understand how this fight is pointless. In terms of 140 pounders, Morales' best shot is against Marcos. Marcos will have a tune up in all likelihood and get a big pay day along the way.

As far as fans are concerned, it might actually be a good fight for however long it lasts. Could be your last chance to see Morales fight, as well.

It's not like it's being sold to you for 100 bucks. Should be decent. I don't see the problem, here.

Comment

Working...
                    X