Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys I wanna ask you which mouthguard is best for me in your opinion (excluding custom ones because im in Bulgaria and we are in the stone age)
    So rn im thinking about
    1. 2.4 mm SISU for my lower teeth + MY CURRENT 2.5$ dollar on my upper teeth (btw last time i remolded it i bit alittle bit too far is that bad? my teeth can go about 0.5 cm to the bottom should i remold it or buy another cheap)

2. Shockdoctor NANO DOUBLE (but ive read the reviews that the lower part isnt made to be molded into your teeth.. so its just a hard plastic with gels staying there which concerns me alot that it might be worse than using no mouthguard at all)
    3.DOUBLE brainpad 3x layer .. if their lower part does mold in your lower teeth.. so far found no info about these .. has anyone used them

Because I have really weak lower teeth because of an accident 5 years ago where i had 6 of my lowers displaced (ONE WENT BEHIND MY TONGUE) and had a crack on my chin below them. I had braces for a month after the injury

Comment

• Boxing gear is essential boxing equipments that are used boxer when fight like head guard , mouth guard , shin guard also boxing hand wraps etc

Comment

• Hey,

I want to buy a mouthguard but my problem is that my lower teeth are in front of the upper teeth -- a condition that isn't limiting in any way... or hasn't been until now. From what I have seen, it seems people mostly use mouthguards for upper teeth that more or less protect also their lower teeth because they are behind the upper teeth. Do any of you have any idea on what should I buy and how to use it?

Thanks,
        J.

Comment

• Hey guys i just got a pair of 16 oz Ringside gloves, i took them to the gym yesterday and... i couldn't punch. They felt a bit to stiff so i guess i need to break them in. Any advice for doing it quicker? (other than obviously... by using them), i have big hands but i don't think that's the problem because they are 16oz/XL... thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by RuckusBringer View Post
            Hey guys i just got a pair of 16 oz Ringside gloves, i took them to the gym yesterday and... i couldn't punch. They felt a bit to stiff so i guess i need to break them in. Any advice for doing it quicker? (other than obviously... by using them), i have big hands but i don't think that's the problem because they are 16oz/XL... thanks in advance.
            What do you mean by "couldn't punch"? That could mean a lot of things. Fist wouldn't close? Painful to punch?

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              What do you mean by "couldn't punch"? That could mean a lot of things. Fist wouldn't close? Painful to punch?
              Both actually, but they seem to be better now after normal use, thing is i rotate between several pairs (to give them breathing time) so it takes a while to break them in.

Comment

• Asking For Glove Recommendations For Heavy Bag

I've read a lot about how repeatedly striking a heavy bag can lead to injuries. I realize no gloves are injury proof. My job heavily relies on my hands and wrists. I'd like to protect them as much as possible. I injured my hand last year; hairline fracture between two fingers. In the past, I spent four years with an undiagnosed chronic pain condition in my hands. That cleared up on its own 4 years ago.

I am 35, currently weigh 250lbs, 5' 11", out of shape, getting back on track with nutrition/exercise/self-help for the mind (i.e. anger/anxiety/stress management, positive mental focus, etc...). Plan is to bulk up and remain in the 200 to 250 range with a focus on strong upper body. Initial plans are to just plow away at the bag to relieve stress and anger. If my hands do alright, I'll likely expand into traditional boxing training, though I have zero interest towards sparring or fighting.

For protection and based on my hand size, I'm going with 16oz gloves. Will be using a 21" AquaBag and read Boxing style bag gloves are what I should use. The more padding the better, protection is my first priority. I will always use wraps; Mexican style 180". Heavy hitting is my primary focus for personal training. That is the primary reason I'm worried about injuring my hands, as I plan to practice this often.

From my research, Winning (@ $300 a pair) appears to provide the best protection. But online guides state I can spend about half as much for about 80% of the protective quality of the Winning gloves. But I can't find many other bag gloves that I am fairly positive would protect my hands and wrists. I'm hoping you guys can give me some feedback or suggest some gloves you think offer serious protection. Thank you very much for your time.
                Last edited by Mulsiphix; 06-04-2017, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RuckusBringer View Post
                  Both actually, but they seem to be better now after normal use, thing is i rotate between several pairs (to give them breathing time) so it takes a while to break them in.
                  I couldn't say without seeing the issue first-hand then. Sorry.

Originally posted by Mulsiphix View Post
                  I've read a lot about how repeatedly striking a heavy bag can lead to injuries. I realize no gloves are injury proof. My job heavily relies on my hands and wrists. I'd like to protect them as much as possible. I injured my hand last year; hairline fracture between two fingers. In the past, I spent four years with an undiagnosed chronic pain condition in my hands. That cleared up on its own 4 years ago.

I am 35, currently weigh 250lbs, 5' 11", out of shape, getting back on track with nutrition/exercise/self-help for the mind (i.e. anger/anxiety/stress management, positive mental focus, etc...). Plan is to bulk up and remain in the 200 to 250 range with a focus on strong upper body. Initial plans are to just plow away at the bag to relieve stress and anger. If my hands do alright, I'll likely expand into traditional boxing training, though I have zero interest towards sparring or fighting.

For protection and based on my hand size, I'm going with 16oz gloves. Will be using a 21" AquaBag and read Boxing style bag gloves are what I should use. The more padding the better, protection is my first priority. I will always use wraps; Mexican style 180". Heavy hitting is my primary focus for personal training. That is the primary reason I'm worried about injuring my hands, as I plan to practice this often.

From my research, Winning (@ $300 a pair) appears to provide the best protection. But online guides state I can spend about half as much for about 80% of the protective quality of the Winning gloves. But I can't find many other bag gloves that I am fairly positive would protect my hands and wrists. I'm hoping you guys can give me some feedback or suggest some gloves you think offer serious protection. Thank you very much for your time.
                  I use Wining gloves and a variation on an aqua bag (a Ringside one that I like better) but I didn't jump right to those things. I used standard bags and gloves for a while until I found I needed the higher-end stuff for orthopedic reasons. 95%+ people are going to be fine with standard equipment. Given that you have an injury, you might benefit from Winning and Aqua gear. However, it won't help you out one bit if you don't get professional coaching first. The vast majority of boxing injuries are from improper form and equipment doesn't protect you from bad form. You can't learn it online or by any other means other than having a coach watch your form and give you feedback.

If you have the money for good gear, definitely spend the scratch on one-on-one coaching for a few months. That'll be your best investment by far. After that, you can train at home safely.

BWT, bit of advice; if you're getting an aqua bag, get an appropriate stand to support it. They are HEAVY compared to regular bags and will rock a stand around as they sway. My stand cost me $400 and still isn't great.

Comment

• I need a mouth guard asap

Comment

• Originally posted by SilvaGOAT View Post
                      Guys I wanna ask you which mouthguard is best for me in your opinion (excluding custom ones because im in Bulgaria and we are in the stone age)
                      So rn im thinking about
                      1. 2.4 mm SISU for my lower teeth + MY CURRENT 2.5$ dollar on my upper teeth (btw last time i remolded it i bit alittle bit too far is that bad? my teeth can go about 0.5 cm to the bottom should i remold it or buy another cheap)

2. Shockdoctor NANO DOUBLE (but ive read the reviews that the lower part isnt made to be molded into your teeth.. so its just a hard plastic with gels staying there which concerns me alot that it might be worse than using no mouthguard at all)
                      3.DOUBLE brainpad 3x layer .. if their lower part does mold in your lower teeth.. so far found no info about these .. has anyone used them

Because I have really weak lower teeth because of an accident 5 years ago where i had 6 of my lowers displaced (ONE WENT BEHIND MY TONGUE) and had a crack on my chin below them. I had braces for a month after the injury
                      pick as good a mouthpiece as you can and you'll still be ****ed, you've picked the absolute wrong sport

Comment

Working...
                      X