Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grant Pro Sparring Gloves, can they be used for bag work and regular training?

I've read some people say they may ruin the padding but I've seen Mayweather and Lamont Peterson using this gloves for pad work and heavy bag. I'm looking at them since I've read they offer great hand protection and are much cheaper than the Winning brand.

Thoughts?

Comment

• yes they can be used for anything. theyre extremely durable. a lot of pro boxers use them on the bag as well as sparring. like shane mosley or antonio tarver or felix sturm. and a lot of other guys...

Comment

• Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
        Grant Pro Sparring Gloves, can they be used for bag work and regular training?

I've read some people say they may ruin the padding but I've seen Mayweather and Lamont Peterson using this gloves for pad work and heavy bag. I'm looking at them since I've read they offer great hand protection and are much cheaper than the Winning brand.

Thoughts?
        Like Ive told everyone, get the IMF tech from ringside, great gloves and cheap!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
          Like Ive told everyone, get the IMF tech from ringside, great gloves and cheap!!!
          I've had thoughts of buying them but I've read reviews of the stitching of the gloves breaking apart and I have a guy at my gym that owned a pair and the stitching also broke so I'm having my doubts.

Comment

Grant Pro Sparring Gloves, can they be used for bag work and regular training?

Thoughts?
            They're probably doing it to simulate the actual fight conditions. Plus they probably don't mind messing them up. They can afford to replace them or get them at no cost for their endorsement.

Comment

Any thoughts on the "Pro" brand heavy bags....I've recently seen vids of Pac and Ortiz hitting those heavy bags for some of their latest fights.

Anyone has ever had a few rounds on those bags, are they easier on your hands, what's the hype on them?
              Anyone has hit one of this? Are they softer on your hands?

Comment

• Hey anybody tried the Title pro super bag gloves? I've been looking around for new bag gloves since mine are starting to wear down. I've heard of the IMF tech gloves but also read from somewhere that their quality has gone down since they're being made in Pakistan now, apparently. The fighting sports tri-tech gloves seem nice, but they're about $100 last i heard. The title bag gloves I've been lookin at for a while are about $40 right now. I've heard some good things from other customers, but there is really not much info on it, which makes me skeptical. The price is enticing though.

http://store.titleboxing.com/psbg.html

There's the link to the gloves. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

• My Everlast bag gloves are all broken down after 1 year and 2 months of constant training(don't buy Everlast's cheap products) and my Fighting Sports white 12 oz gloves look cool and everyone at the gym loves how they look but the padding is not that great. So I was in a lookout for new gloves, I'll use the Fighting Sports gloves but only once a week to rest my hands.

I emailed Grant Boxing and the price for a pair of 12 oz custom training gloves was 375+ shipping They cost much more than a pair of Winning gloves which are the top of the line in terms of gloves. Probably it was because of the custom colors.

So I did a bit of research and ended up buying 12 oz Rival Elite Red Bag Gloves for $89 on ebay. Reviews say they offer great hand protection and they feel great when hitting the bag, aside from the fact that they look great:

Rival Elite
                  Last edited by No-mas-tias; 12-13-2011, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• What do you guys think of the Lonsdale Elite Molded foam bag gloves? They seem a little under the radar but so far I've heard pretty good things about them. Although I've heard things like bad stitching quality (it is $60 though), I've also heard good reviews about them having good knuckle protection and comfort, which is exactly what i'm looking for.

Any opinions?

Comment

• Would anyone suggest white gloves? Do they get dirty quickly?

Comment

Working...
                      X