Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the better body puncher Ricky Hatton or Pernell Whitaker?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the better body puncher Ricky Hatton or Pernell Whitaker?

I say Whitaker, but others have disagreed w/ me.
    Ricky Hatton
    12.50%
    Pernell Whitaker
    87.50%

Whitaker. Not even close. At all.

Comment

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
      Whitaker. Not even close. At all.
      Just what I was about to say, Whitaker knew the right spots.

Comment

*long sighs*

hahahhahahahah

Comment

Just flat out power it may be Hatton, but all around its obviously Whitaker...

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
            Just flat out power it may be Hatton, but all around its obviously Whitaker...
            Like I said, Whitaker had JCC breathing like a fat boy.

Comment

Whitaker and Hatton are totally different types of fighters, including their approach to body punching.

Hatton is more aggressive in his approach and has more KDs and KOs from body punches. Whitaker faced better opposition though, and was effective to the body against some of the best fighters he faced. Against the best two fighters Hatton faced, Mayweather nullified the left hook to the body, and Hatton was too busy getting punched in the face to have an effective body attack against Manny.

Whitaker was also light years a better fighter than Hatton, so he had more opportunities to use this attack. Here and there Hatton could box at range, but usually had to be on the attack, or coming off a clinch, to be effective downstairs. Whitaker was more effective at a variety of distances and angles than Hatton, and had plenty of other weapons to worry about, so he could get in that body attack while his opponents were worried about something else. Hatton's opponents mostly worry about his left hook. Whitaker opponents had to be concerned about all sorts of punches. So eventually he's gonna get those body shots in there since they're concerned about other shots.

Comment

LOL. i saw how this Thread came to be. Pea is better going to the body way more clever and tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by mitruth View Post
                  LOL. i saw how this Thread came to be. Pea is better going to the body way more clever and tricky.
                  I was going to treat this thread with utter distain until I too read the reason why the thread came to be.

Hatton is a great body puncher no doubt, but Pea is top 10 P4P all time body puncher.

Saying Hatton is not as good a body puncher as Pea is like saying Pac is not as good a fighter as SRR or Vitali is not as good a HW as Ali, It's not an insult or way of putting a fighter down, hell to even be mentioned in conjunction with certain names is an honour.

But threads like this are the reason Idiots like Pac777 have no business posting on this site, he should be reading and learning not taking up valuable webspace with his stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by hammerhiem View Post
                    I was going to treat this thread with utter distain until I too read the reason why the thread came to be.

Hatton is a great body puncher no doubt, but Pea is top 10 P4P all time body puncher.

Saying Hatton is not as good a body puncher as Pea is like saying Pac is not as good a fighter as SRR or Vitali is not as good a HW as Ali, It's not an insult or way of putting a fighter down, hell to even be mentioned in conjunction with certain names is an honour.

But threads like this are the reason Idiots like Pac777 have no business posting on this site, he should be reading and learning not taking up valuable webspace with his stupidity.
                    Amen.

Comment

Working...
                    X