Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FAO PunchDrunk, regarding new am boxing rules.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO PunchDrunk, regarding new am boxing rules.

I just talked to my mate from mother Russia regarding am boxing and he told me that after the olympic games in china the amateur boxing rules will be changed. There will be no more helmets and the gloves would be of a different format, where it will be easier to make a fist(like in pros).

How much of this is true?

Edit: Oh, yeah the time format will be 3 by 3

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
    I just talked to my mate from mother Russia regarding am boxing and he told me that after the olympic games in china the amateur boxing rules will be changed. There will be no more helmets and the gloves would be of a different format, where it will be easier to make a fist(like in pros).

How much of this is true?

Edit: Oh, yeah the time format will be 3 by 3
    What does FAO stand for ?

Comment

I like the no helmets rule

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
        What does FAO stand for ?
        For Attention Of

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
          For Attention Of
          lol oh, i was about to say For attention only. Close enough

Comment

Is that an International move or just in Russia?

do ya'll think this is wise at all ? i dont. i think no helmets is for the better experienced and stronger (pros).

Comment

Originally posted by kenny91 View Post

do ya'll think this is wise at all ? i dont. i think no helmets is for the better experienced and stronger (pros).
              I agree. Amateur boxing is about points and technique, NOT KOs and damage... if you aren't getting paid you shouldn't be exposed to excessive brain trauma.

Comment

Originally posted by Count Patron View Post
                I agree. Amateur boxing is about points and technique, NOT KOs and damage... if you aren't getting paid you shouldn't be exposed to excessive brain trauma.
                Exactly my point i wanna read more into in and try and find an article on the matter... wanna see if (A) its for real & (B) whether its an international move or just Russia/China.

Be back in a bit.

Comment

well i tried searching Askjeeves and google and even tried the AIBA website but nope - nothing ...

Comment

Originally posted by kenny91 View Post

Not even sure, I talked to my mate and that's just what he said.

BTW, am boxing used to be without the helmets and with small gloves up until the 80s I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X