No announcement yet.

When fans perceive a threat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
    The Brook vs Spence fight seems like it will be made now and I'm really excited about it and honestly can't pick a winner, which is why I lobbied for this over the Khan fight which was never happening to be honest.

What I noticed is that you don't see people who are backing Brook trying to build Spence up, they are tearing him down and downplaying his worthiness of the hype he has received. This is GOOD, this tells you we have a real fight on our hands.

Compare that to the Golovkin vs Jacobs fight where we have those backing GGG trying to build Jacobs up and basically sell the fight to us, this tells me it's not perceived as a competitive fight and deep down those fans don't see Jacobs as a threat.

I don't think anyone would argue that both Brook and Golovkin are favourites heading into the fights but you can't deny that there is a difference in how both these fights are being discussed on here and it comes down to Spence being seen as a threat where as Jacobs isn't. So call Spence the next Jeff Lacy or American hype job or whatever but the truth is (pun intended) you know he's a worthy opponent and a threat otherwise you would be trying to build him up like Jacobs so you can overrate the win rather than tear him down.

Just my thoughts on the fight.
    Nah ... this is how you do it .. you downgrade the percieved threat while the fight is being talked about, but hasn't yet been made. That's because fans of the other fighter will be downgrading your guy and accusing him of ducking.

As soon as it gets made, you come back with something like ... "I've been watching videos of so-and-so on YT, and y'know what .. he's actually a pretty good fighter ... etc"

Then you start asking questions about whether he's ever done random VADA testing, "because he looks like a ****ing beast now, much more powerful and cut than he was before his last fight"

Just like Danny Jacobs right now, as a matter of fact.
    Last edited by kafkod; 02-09-2017, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      yeah rays a good poster, but he shouldnt have sent you green k for that drivel you produced.
      It's all true through ! I'd sen you green k if you could get past clear biases and resentments. Me and Ray have had disagreements in the past, he's just not half witted and is a genuine boxing fan, not a fan boy.

Comment

• GGG rocks Spence sucks

Comment

What the hell are you on about? I wasnt even using this account at the time of the fight. I had it a year before i started posting as chris 231. I think one of my earliest posts was arguing with spoon, when i said mayweather schooled him. Funnily enough i dont stick pictures of my dick on facebook or instagram, didnt think that was the normal thing to do.
          Nothing you do is normal ! You're a tragic case of what NSB has become. I didn't say you did post pictures of your dick on fb, I'd still like to see one though just to see if you actually have one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
            GGG rocks Spence sucks
            Ata boy!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCreepyVicar View Post
              Nah ... this is how you do it .. you downgrade the percieved threat while the fight is being talked about, but hasn't yet been made. That's because fans of the other fighter will be downgrading your guy and accusing him of ducking.

As soon as it gets made, you come back with something like ... "I've been watching videos of so-and-so on YT, and y'know what .. he's actually a pretty good fighter ... etc"

Then you start asking questions about whether he's ever done random VADA testing, "because he looks like a ****ing beast now, much more powerful and cut than he was before his last fight"

Just like Danny Jacobs right now, as a matter of fact.
              kafkodWhy downgrade anyone, people see Spence as a threat to Brook but not Jacobs to GGG as they didn't Brook to GGG, the only ones saying Brook and Jacobs were dangerous are the GGG bone riders and grinders.

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG.Bone.Rider View Post
                kafkodWhy downgrade anyone, people see Spence as a threat to Brook but not Jacobs to GGG as they didn't Brook to GGG, the only ones saying Brook and Jacobs were dangerous are the GGG bone riders and grinders.
                Yeah, but they only became dangerous after GGG signed to fight them .. before that, Brook was a protected midget WW who never beat anybody and Jacobs was a chinny paper champion bum who got decked by Mora and KTFO by Pirog. Don't you get it?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCreepyVicar View Post
                  Yeah, but they only became dangerous after GGG signed to fight them .. before that, Brook was a protected midget WW who never beat anybody and Jacobs was a chinny paper champion bum who got decked by Mora and KTFO by Pirog. Don't you get it?
                  You bet I get it. I'm not the one saying Brook and Jacobs would be competitive after I'm the one saying he walks through them before they were made. I'm not really a real GGG bone rider, I'm just masquerading like Gary Glitter was in Thailand as a teacher.

Spence is a dangerous opponent for Brook, even more so dangerous after GGG smashed his face already. Once Spence taps that cranium Brook is going to have his traumatic experience with GGG come back to haunt him, besides GGG opponents ain't never the same after he's unloaded his payload up their backside.

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG.Bone.Rider View Post
                    Nothing you do is normal ! You're a tragic case of what NSB has become. I didn't say you did post pictures of your dick on fb, I'd still like to see one though just to see if you actually have one.
                    nope, im an example to all of a poster with integrity and objectivity!!!

Comment

nope, im an example to all of a poster with integrity and objectivity!!!
                      You have possibly the least integrity on this site and my that's some statement most certainly the least in this thread. How you can talk of integrity makes me laugh.

Objectivity ? Tell me what is it you object too when you use the same argument with Spence fans using the logic you apply to GGG. You're a hypocrite, GGG is stopping guys who've been stopped and dropped before and Spence is stopping guys who ain't never been stopped before but yet you take issue with him being hyped/credited.

However it's sliced you're sensitive to Spence being treat as a threat to Brook and your agenda is as transparent as a glass book.

In boxing lexicon, you're a bum.

Comment

Working...
                      X