Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Adrien Broner vs John Molina & Keith Thurman vs Robert Guerrero Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brush My Hair View Post
    He's better than Lampley. It is great to have an awesome basketball commentator call boxing.
    Agreed. I loved it.

Comment

• Good fight last night. Thurman did a very good job last night. Good hand speed, power, footwork. Still has some things to work on. Personally, I see he loads up on many of his shots, and really telegraphs his punches. Really stiffens up when he throws his punches and kind of pulls his lead hand back before throwing it. He got away with it last night, since Guerrero doesn't have very good defense, not a lot of head movement.

Think Guerrero fought the wrong fight last night, tried to keep it at a distance. Too slow to try and box against Thurman, flat footed and slow hand speed. Guerrero was supposed to press from the first round and fight on the inside, and on the ropes. You take away Thurman's speed and power this way. Had success the last 2-3 rounds, but too late.

Would like to see Thurman against a good pressure fighter, Maidana or Porter. Then against a boxing type, Khan. Two more big fights, and he's ready for Mayweather. Nonetheless, good win for Thurman last night, very good performance.

Comment

• This punishment was delt out from a guy was fought as low as 122 at one point against a guy who comes in fight night 160+

Comment

• By punishment you mean headbutt. Lol why are you acting like "punishment" is some sort of moral victory. He got his ass beat

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            By punishment you mean headbutt. Lol why are you acting like "punishment" is some sort of moral victory. He got his ass beat
            Took the words right out of my mouth

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Checc View Post
              lol the guy so self aware, always trying to look a certain way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Truth. View Post
                Maidana is reckless and would walk into shots all night. He's more dangerous than Guerrero but not as tough, I see Thurman stopping him. A smart pressure fighter could maybe give him problems, like a welterweight version of GGG, not Maidana.
                Maidana has a much improved and actually really good jab and changes levels behind while closing the distance which would help versus Thurman. Ghost was using no jab, stayed at the same level with zero head movement.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                  X