Anyone live in NYC,?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as long as youre 1000 miles away from derranged's place

Comment

I live very close to NYC, in a town about 3 miles North of the Bronx.

NYC is crowded, over priced and over hyped, especially Manhattan. The nice/trendy places in Queens and Brooklyn are almost as bad, which is probably where you're gonna want to move to.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post

NYC is crowded, over priced and over hyped, especially Manhattan. The nice/trendy places in Queens and Brooklyn are almost as bad, which is probably where you're gonna want to move to.
        Is it expensive in the sattelite towns such as where you live?

Comment

Sattelite towns?

Kind of but not as bad. You might be able to find a one bedroom for like $900-$1000 US.

Comment

Sattelite towns?

Kind of but not as bad. You might be able to find a one bedroom for like $900-$1000 US.
            so Toronto is on par then. Or just about...that's crazy!!

Comment

Good luck with the visa, mate. Getting mine was a pain in the aris. That was fairly soon after 9/11 though.

There's many places in the US I'd rather live than New York but good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                Good luck with the visa, mate. Getting mine was a pain in the aris. That was fairly soon after 9/11 though.

There's many places in the US I'd rather live than New York but good luck.
                Well I had a word with the immigration lawyers, and they said the harder part will be getting an employer willing to take someone on the visa, once I do the visa should not be a problem.

But I don't mind if it takes a year, I'll just keep plugging till I get an offer.

I've always wanted to live in New York and I think it's cool to try get your dreams, even if they turn out not what you wanted in the end

Well, we'll see

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  Well I had a word with the immigration lawyers, and they said the harder part will be getting an employer willing to take someone on the visa, once I do the visa should not be a problem.

But I don't mind if it takes a year, I'll just keep plugging till I get an offer.

I've always wanted to live in New York and I think it's cool to try get your dreams, even if they turn out not what you wanted in the end

Well, we'll see
                  There are plenty of posters here from New York...start networking.

I've made a few decent connections/acquaintances from this site already.

Comment

I thought you lived in the Village...

Comment

Hey Earl,

If you're moving to NYC, I'd highly recommend the Bronx or Harlem. Probably the closest to the culture you're used to.

Comment

Working...
                      X