Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie. Please Judge Video of My Heavy Bag Work.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie. Please Judge Video of My Heavy Bag Work.

Ok so I'm a boxing newbie, long time boxing fan but just recently decided to actually try out some boxing. Ive had no formal training some Im just trying to teach myself how to work a heavy bag and stuff. Please watch my video and let me know some (many) of the things I need to work on and if there's actually any aspects that looks good that would be nice to know too. Heres the link, you may have to copy and paste.

youtube.com/watch?v=9B-nacOKako&feature=youtu.be

PS please excuse the video as its a little blurry, I hope you still check it out please! Thanks!

Everyone on boxing scene is a world class trainer with 10 world titles in 10 different weight divisions. They will criticize your every move. Just keep doing what you're doing and just keep having fun man.

Comment

You should have posted this in the training section but the essentials aside from your punching technique which can still use improvement

- Cut out the shoulder roll stance and bring your hands up or you'll get hit clean with anything an opponent throws your way. Make sure to bring your hands back to your chin after throwing a punch. You're a counter punchers dream and are constantly wide open.

- I didn't see you throw a single head punch unless you plan on fighting a midget or child. Everything you threw even jabs were to the stomach or lower peck region, aim your 1,2's at your own chin level.

- Your footwork needs the most improvement of everything.

Start there.
      Last edited by Khmelnytsky; 05-10-2013, 02:51 PM.

Comment

took it off about 45 seconds in, sorry

i know that bag is one of those shtty ass super light little shts, but if you want to show off potential try actually throwing with full force, everything was pretty bad, you're not turning into any thing, it's all arm punching, you're attempting the shoulder roll when you're clearly not trained and what exactly is the point of that weak ass double right hand?

Comment

fix your stance and you're improved 50%

Comment

Wow so I think I'm ready to leave this forum already as I can see arrogance is rampant. Well there HolyCross I don't know what "exactly is the point of that weak ass double right hand" bc as I stated I've had zero training and don't even realize my weak ass right hand. Also, "if you want to show off potential try actually throwing with full force" as you say, which I don't know bc I'm clearly not trying to show off my novice skills.

Geesh guys I certainly expect the criticism as I've never even so much been taught how to throw a jab, but leave the arrogant tone out of it and keep it constructive please!!

Comment

did you just see a picture of mayweather with the philly shell? watch a fight and get a clue man

Comment

Originally posted by vv15629 View Post
                Wow so I think I'm ready to leave this forum already as I can see arrogance is rampant.
                Its a public forum buddy.. when you post something expect the unexpected. You are the one asking for opinions so they are giving you it... if you only want the good things being said then be specific in your post. if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. Simple

Comment

hey friend its me treason1 one of the most respected posters on boxing scene because im a unbiased historion of the sport !!

my first tip would be to fix your stance ! watch a few manny fights that is the stance that is best suited for you !

my second tip is to put more oomph on your punches !!!

hey but all of this is just advice ... doo whatever the f-ck you wanna do !!

Comment

Hey bro just keep doing your thing, ignore every negative post. At least your'e out there trying, after about a good 6months you'll be beast on the H-bag. go out there with ur headphones on and just relax and have fun. Keep ya head up you'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X