No announcement yet.

I scored Porter/Ugas.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I scored Porter/Ugas.

This one came down to what you care about as a judge.

Because frankly, I felt two of the three scores were just way too wide either way. But I understand why - I saw four swing rounds. Three of them I gave to Porter. Round 12 (one of the swing rounds) seems to be the contention round; I gave that to Porter. I didn't see an Ugas round at all. Porter dictated the round and Ugas failed to close the show like he needed to - get out of counter stance and go after this dude. He probably thought he was winning comfortably - and apparently one felt like he did. AND BTW, that was clearly a slip, Porter deflected it perfectly, but got knocked off balance because he was on the move. Watch his head; it never moves.

Either way, I had Ugas winning a CLOSE fight. I can accept a draw. Depending on what you think of Ugas' strategy, I can accept 7 rounds to Porter. Anything beyond that is subjective based on what you care about.

But to me, Round 5 is the strategy Porter should have been using all fight and it would have been a blowout. Ugas acted like he could handle the aggression, but he really couldn't sustain it, and he doesn't have the power to keep Porter off once he got inside; he has to push him away. We needed the linebacker this fight - Ugas would have folded in 7 rounds.

Side note: I agree, Lennox should no longer commentate, talking about body shots not landing when they clearly were.

And no, I'm not a subscriber of the "take it from the champ" fan club as reasoning for giving Porter 3 of 4 swing rounds. Thus why I called out specific reasoning for each row.

Comment

Yeah, the scores were all over the place but I thought averaged out to give the most appropriate decision, see below.

On the fight overall, Porter's problem was to get at Ugas without getting hit much so he wouldn't lose points for his efforts. Ugas on the other hand just plodded forward waiting for Porter to do something. Porter was messy but he did try to make a fight of it while the fight was there for Ugas to grab which he had the ability to do. In one sentence, Porter tried the hardest and made a sort of fight of it, Ugas didn't.

Comment

I thought it was a KD Ugas scored.

I need to watch it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post

Someone posted the clip in the thread “Judges disagree on 10 of 12 rounds.” It’s at the end of the thread. Check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

This one came down to what you care about as a judge.

Because frankly, I felt two of the three scores were just way too wide either way. But I understand why - I saw four swing rounds. Three of them I gave to Porter. Round 12 (one of the swing rounds) seems to be the contention round; I gave that to Porter. I didn't see an Ugas round at all. Porter dictated the round and Ugas failed to close the show like he needed to - get out of counter stance and go after this dude. He probably thought he was winning comfortably - and apparently one felt like he did. AND BTW, that was clearly a slip, Porter deflected it perfectly, but got knocked off balance because he was on the move. Watch his head; it never moves.

Either way, I had Ugas winning a CLOSE fight. I can accept a draw. Depending on what you think of Ugas' strategy, I can accept 7 rounds to Porter. Anything beyond that is subjective based on what you care about.

But to me, Round 5 is the strategy Porter should have been using all fight and it would have been a blowout. Ugas acted like he could handle the aggression, but he really couldn't sustain it, and he doesn't have the power to keep Porter off once he got inside; he has to push him away. We needed the linebacker this fight - Ugas would have folded in 7 rounds.

Side note: I agree, Lennox should no longer commentate, talking about body shots not landing when they clearly were.
            If you gave rd 12 to porter boxing isn’t you’re sport.

No ****in way porter won the 12th so it’s either you don’t know what you’re watching or you scored the rd before it even started.

Ugas was blatantly robbed plain and simple

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post

Pause at the moment of impact. You will clearly see Porter with a full guard and that punch hitting nothing but forearm and glove with a slight glance off the crown.

Then advance frame and you'll see Porter slip as he tries to move.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard G View Post
                Yeah, the scores were all over the place but I thought averaged out to give the most appropriate decision, see below.

On the fight overall, Porter's problem was to get at Ugas without getting hit much so he wouldn't lose points for his efforts. Ugas on the other hand just plodded forward waiting for Porter to do something. Porter was messy but he did try to make a fight of it while the fight was there for Ugas to grab which he had the ability to do. In one sentence, Porter tried the hardest and made a sort of fight of it, Ugas didn't.
                Jumping around bull rushing head first like a no skilled brawler and landing nothing doesn’t mean he did more or won.

What the fuuck ever happen to the guy landing the cleaner more effective shots winning ****tt that’s how fair Floyd won all his fights.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                  If you gave rd 12 to porter boxing isn’t you’re sport.

No ****in way porter won the 12th so it’s either you don’t know what you’re watching or you scored the rd before it even started.

Ugas was blatantly robbed plain and simple
                  Ring general. It was Porter, not Ugas. Ugas was not active enough to take the round. Porter dictated the pace.

Either way, as I said, I consider that a swing round, so even if you don't give it to Porter, that's fine, not a robbery. One round up is not a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                    Jumping around bull rushing head first like a no skilled brawler and landing nothing doesn’t mean he did more or won.

What the fuuck ever happen to the guy landing the cleaner more effective shots winning ****tt that’s how fair Floyd won all his fights.
                    In that case all that's needed to score a fight is simple, it's already available. But don't you really think that there is more to a fight than counting punches?

Comment

Working...
                    X