I think its save to say GGG being top 3-5 P4P was premature

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davef View Post
    How can you even compare?

Floyd was 37 years old at that point and had a damn good resume against some real top level competition (and the odd mismatch) he was a proven elite fighter he also won the rematch with ease

This was Golovkins first legit high level opponent at 35 years old and realistically he lost his first step up in class it doesn't look good and a rematch wont be much different because he wont adjust

Lol you're optimistic. No way in hell GGG and company give Jacobs a rematch.

Comment

Ward gets dropped and out punched, clear p4p #1. Golovkin drops his opponent and lands 50 more punches, and he's not top 5.

Mmkay. I was wondering when you'll show up with your next troll thread.

Comment

Yep. I've never been sold on him being that good. Stopping cans doesn't cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          My top 5 is:

Thurman
          Gonzalez
          Loma
          Pac
          I would put Ward and GGG for a tie in 5th place.
          Ward clearly has a more legitimate claim to being top 5 but different folks, different strokes

Comment

No still top 3 if not #1.

But I do think it's safe to say you was super satisfied 5 5 minutes before the decision was announced, thinking Jacobs did enough to steal the fight with slaps and arm punches.

And I think it's safe to say you were really upset to hear "And still" last night. Knowing the judges weren't persuaded by the con job.

Comment

GGG is PFP no1 based on last nights performance.

Refuses to lose.
              To the ts if winning on close points decision is basis for not being no1 what about GGG haven beating everyone inside distance?

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                Ward gets dropped and out punched, clear p4p #1. Golovkin drops his opponent and lands 50 more punches, and he's not top 5.

Mmkay. I was wondering when you'll show up with your next troll thread.
                ^^^^^^^

This!

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                  Floyd didn't look great against Maidana in the first fight between the two. Doesn't hurt his legacy any, or his p4p#1 status at the time.

Keep trying to detract, doe
                  Despite struggling with Maidana (and a few others), Floyd also had a lot of wins vs top level opposition. g string can't say that. Major league difference.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    GGG is PFP no1 based on last nights performance.

Refuses to lose.
                    To the ts if winning on close points decision is basis for not being no1 what about GGG haven beating everyone inside distance?
                    So in your pea sized brain, the p4p #1 is a guy (g string) who has exactly one quality fighter on his resume and won that one by razor thin debatable decision? Douchebaggery at its worst.

Comment

Working...
                    X