Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would be a more respectable fight for Khan? Brook or Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amir Khan vs Kell Brook is a fight that means a lot in Khan's home country; we've already seen Garcia-Khan and Amir has yet to do anything that would make you think the fight would go differently.

book Brook vs Khan at Wembley, have that fight go the way it goes, and move on

Comment

They're both good fights, but I'd rather he faced Brook just because he's shown an extreme fear of the possibility.

Comment

My answer is a tune-up. He shouldn't fight Garcia or Brook next.

Comment

is danny garcia still a thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Honestly, I'd put it equal. If Brook had just one more good name under his belt, or if he looks stunning in the Vargas fight, I'd lean toward Brook. As it stands, I'd give him equal credit.
            I think Brook is the better fighter, but Garcia the more proven, although at another weight.

I would respect Khan for facing a guy he lost to (for the first time in his career), but also respect him for growing a pair and face his fears.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              I think Brook is the better fighter, but Garcia the more proven, although at another weight.

I would respect Khan for facing a guy he lost to (for the first time in his career), but also respect him for growing a pair and face his fears.
              I just re-read and finally realised what you meant, that the question was about who the better fight would be for KAHN (I thought you were asking who the bigger win for Garcia is). Guess it doesn't change my answer a whole lot but explains why I wasn't answering the direct question.

I might mean toward Brook being a tougher choice. Hard to get around the fact that Garcia finished Khan but Danny has been looking vulnerable ever since. His speed is gone, and timing is suffering because of it. Kahn is as good as ever and might be able to beat a declining Garcia. Brook will be tough Kahn, but isn't as proven a fighter as Garcia. Yes
              Yea, close but I might give him more credit for Brook, given my predictions about Garcia.

Comment

I just re-read and finally realised what you meant, that the question was about who the better fight would be for KAHN (I thought you were asking who the bigger win for Garcia is). Guess it doesn't change my answer a whole lot but explains why I wasn't answering the direct question.

I might mean toward Brook being a tougher choice. Hard to get around the fact that Garcia finished Khan but Danny has been looking vulnerable ever since. His speed is gone, and timing is suffering because of it. Kahn is as good as ever and might be able to beat a declining Garcia. Brook will be tough Kahn, but isn't as proven a fighter as Garcia. Yes
                Yea, close but I might give him more credit for Brook, given my predictions about Garcia.
                I think you can make cases for each guy, both of them are top fighters and would more than likely beat Khan anyway.

It just seems to me that either of these guys represent Khan's last chance for a payday. He's not fighting Thurman, Porter, Spence or any of the 154 guys UNLESS Cotto springs a quick one and calls him.

Khan would get KTFO by Cotto too.

If not Garcia or Brook, then some random has-been, which would be sad.

Comment

When did garcia have speed?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                    When did garcia have speed?
                    "Swift", baby. He was never much of a footwork and movement guy, but he had quick, sharp counters.

His ability to do that just hasn't carried with him. You see him looking for them but falling just a half step behind where he wants to be. Might be age, weight, or both but he's not as quick on the draw as he used to be and his whole style is based on that aspect.

Comment

I don't mind either to be honest, both are meaningful fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X