Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua vs. Parker - Giuseppe Quartarone Confirmed as Referee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
    All you got to know about how Giuseppe Quartarone and his role in this is watch Youri Kayembre Kalenga vs. Roberto Feliciano Bolonti : 1 point deducted in rounds 7 and 8 for dangerous head movements.

The last time Eddie Hearn brought in a unknown euro-ref in this caliber of fight was against Charles Martin, who was counted out despite beating the ten limit count and was not hurt, now they bring in a judge that carefully watches for blows around the belt line ( to protect A.J from body shots - stamina issues) and takes points when a fighter controls the head of his opponents ( Eduard Gutknecht vs Danny McIntosh - point for leaning down on the head ).
    Charles aint beat no ten count.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
      Ever heard of BoxRec? At least try to keep up.

I do use Box Rec and I did look him up and I still never heard of him. I know international referees. Not all, but a lot of them. Seems like most on here don't know this guy or ever heard of him either, so don't come at me with that.

They should have used international referee Luis Pabon for a fight like this not this Giuseppe Quartarone.

Comment

He is a neutral ref. Which is a lot better than them home US refs/judges foreigners have to contend with when they fight in america.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          All you got to know about how Giuseppe Quartarone and his role in this is watch Youri Kayembre Kalenga vs. Roberto Feliciano Bolonti : 1 point deducted in rounds 7 and 8 for dangerous head movements.

The last time Eddie Hearn brought in a unknown euro-ref in this caliber of fight was against Charles Martin, who was counted out despite beating the ten limit count and was not hurt, now they bring in a judge that carefully watches for blows around the belt line ( to protect A.J from body shots - stamina issues) and takes points when a fighter controls the head of his opponents ( Eduard Gutknecht vs Danny McIntosh - point for leaning down on the head ).
          Lame... Just proves how pessimistic Wilder fan boys are

Comment

Quote:
            Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post

Originally posted by True That View Post
            I do use Box Rec and I did look him up and I still never heard of him. I know international referees. Not all, but a lot of them. Seems like most on here don't know this guy or ever heard of him either, so don't come at me with that.
            They should have used international referee Luis Pabon for a fight like this not this Giuseppe Quartarone.
            Actually, they should use a qualified and neutral ref. Quartarone is both of those.

Comment

Seen this ref a few times, he's pretty good but I can't remember if he can speak English or not. I'm not big on refs who cant speak the language of the guys in the ring, it leads to problems, most famously in Benn v Mc.

Anyway, better than Smoger or Cortez.

Comment

Quote:

Actually, they should use a qualified and neutral ref. Quartarone is both of those.

I disagree, they need a referee with high profile big fight experience.
                Last edited by True That; 03-22-2018, 06:26 AM.

Comment

never heard of him

Comment

Quote:
                    Quote:

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by True That View Post

Originally posted by True That View Post
                    I disagree, they need a referee with high profile big fight experience.
                    Neutral and qualified, and both camps are fine with him. Both know who he is. You're sounding more like a casual every time. Relax and enjoy the fight. Geez, chill out.

Comment

Quote:
                      Quote:

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by True That View Post

Neutral and qualified, and both camps are fine with him. Both know who he is. You're sounding more like a casual every time. Relax and enjoy the fight. Geez, chill out.

No sorry son, I'm pretty sure I'm more astute and knowledgeable about the sweet science than you are. I'm far from a casual.

I'm not the only one who doesn't recognize this dude as a "big" fight referee either, True That. Anyway it is what it is and I will enjoy the fight Trust.
                      Last edited by True That; 03-23-2018, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X