No announcement yet.

Lets examine the momentum of Wilder's last 2 opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    I was waiting untill the Ortiz fight was over to not say anything on this thread .....well there you go , now you know ! This is clearly going to be a continued pretzel twist no matter what ex . i give to the actual match ....

Your also telling me the thick , older Ortiz could be a cruiser weight like the 5"10 Perez ? O.K im done here !
    Please don't exaggerate. Mike Perez is 6 foot 1. Meahwile, Luis Ortiz has the same dimensions in height and reach as David Haye (6 foot 3 inches tall and possesses a 78 inch reach).

Luis Ortiz weighs 240 pounds, but most of it is composed of fat. If he loses the fat, he wouldn't weigh any more than what a typical cruiser weight like Murat Gassiev or Oleksandr Usyk would weigh during fight night.

Truth is, Alexander Povetkin, Luis Ortiz, Mike Perez and even Deontay Wilder could fight at cruiser weight if they really wanted to with some effort.

But if you want to believe that Luis Ortiz is some king kong that is too big for blown up cruiser weights like Alexander Povetkin, then so be it. Then yes, it is a mismatch in size and yes, they shouldn't be allowed to fight each other.

However, I'm still struggling to see how Luis Ortiz would 'clown' Alexander Povetkin as you claimed. How exactly is Luis Ortiz that much better than Povetkin in terms of actual boxing skills? At best for Luis Ortiz, I see this as a 50/50 fight but make Povetkin the slight favorite because he is more active and throws more punches in high volume. But to act like Luis Ortiz is so much better than Povetkin that he would 'clown' him. Well, what exactly is that based on? That's what I want to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
      Please don't exaggerate. Mike Perez is 6 foot 1. Meahwile, Luis Ortiz has the same dimensions in height and reach as David Haye (6 foot 3 inches tall and possesses a 78 inch reach).
      Haye is visibly shorter than Bellew who is probably not quite 6'3 either. Haye in reality is a guy who is not much more than 6'1 but inflated his height when moving up to the heavies.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh BOY!!!!!!
        Yeah that's right, you have no evidence of Ortiz looking good in the last 2/3 years....... show me the fight where he beats a top 10 opponent....... you can't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
          Yeah that's right, you have no evidence of Ortiz looking good in the last 2/3 years....... show me the fight where he beats a top 10 opponent....... you can't.
          A shot fighter doesnt dominate Wilder lasting 10 rnds and almost knock him out , you imbecile ! Anyone with common sense knew the fight could go either way by what they had to go on .

Losing to the # 2 HW and WBC champion doesn't mean your not top 10 . I really hope you ARENT sober with shyte posts like the ones im responding too ? lol........
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-08-2018, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post

Luis Ortiz weighs 240 pounds, but most of it is composed of fat. If he loses the fat, he wouldn't weigh any more than what a typical cruiser weight like Murat Gassiev or Oleksandr Usyk would weigh during fight night.

Truth is, Alexander Povetkin, Luis Ortiz, Mike Perez and even Deontay Wilder could fight at cruiser weight if they really wanted to with some effort.

But if you want to believe that Luis Ortiz is some king kong that is too big for blown up cruiser weights like Alexander Povetkin, then so be it. Then yes, it is a mismatch in size and yes, they shouldn't be allowed to fight each other.

However, I'm still struggling to see how Luis Ortiz would 'clown' Alexander Povetkin as you claimed. How exactly is Luis Ortiz that much better than Povetkin in terms of actual boxing skills? At best for Luis Ortiz, I see this as a 50/50 fight but make Povetkin the slight favorite because he is more active and throws more punches in high volume. But to act like Luis Ortiz is so much better than Povetkin that he would 'clown' him. Well, what exactly is that based on? That's what I want to know.
            Perez is not 6'1, Breidas towered over him .

You are usually on point but you are clearly too much of a fanboy of a Povetkin to continue for me here ! The convo will never be grounded , you will just keep spiral it to things that completely dont make sense !

A 6'7 30's cruiser ? Yea let me know when that happens .
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-08-2018, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• poor juggernutter gets clowned in every thread

Comment

Perez is not 6'1, Breidas towered over him .

You are usually on point but you are clearly too much of a fanboy of a Povetkin to continue for me here ! The convo will never be grounded , you will just keep spiral it to things that completely dont make sense !

A 6'7 30's cruiser ? Yea let me know when that happens .
                Sebastian Fundora who is a 6 foot 6, junior middleweight:

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/773847

A 6 foot 4, light heavyweight / super middle weight:

Thomas Oosthuizen

And come on dude, this isn't about me being a 'fanboy' of anybody. I don't disagree with much of what you stated. Only with the statement that 'Ortiz would clown with Povetkin' which to me implies that Ortiz is not only better, but significantly better than Povetkin and that if they fought, it would be a mismatch.

My question is, what is that based on? We have one guy in Alexander Povetkin who :

- Won an Olympic gold medal at super heavyweight.

- Won a amateur world championship gold medal.

- Has one of the best resumes in the heavyweight division of the last decade.

- Has consistently more high ranked opponents than most other heavyweights.

- Has only ever lost one fight in the pros to arguably the greatest heavyweight of all time.

- Has never been legitimately and soundly out-boxed by anybody. And in his only loss, he was fouled without the referee properly enforcing the rules.

What has Luis Ortiz actually done to impress you that much, to the point where you not only think he is better than Alexander Povetkin, but SIGNIFICANTLY better, despite being far less accomplished?

And Mike Perez is only marginally shorter than Mairis Brieidis. Who himself is about the same height as Alexander Povetkin. Povetkin and Mike Perez were practically the same size when they faced each other and Povetkin blew him out in 1 round. This is the same guy that was never KO'ed by anybody else, before or after.

So no, Mike Perez definitely doesn't look like 5 foot 10. He is somewhere between 6 ft - 6 ft1.
                Last edited by Mr Objecitivity; 03-08-2018, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X