Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Straight up and down. No special effects.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
    No, it isn't. Not only is Wladimir Klitschko more skilled than these little small ******* who aren't willing to challenge themselves in the real, most challenging and most prestigious weight division in boxing which is heavyweight, but those dudes lack the boxing skills, class, elegance and all round sportsmanship to hold the legendary Wladimir Klitschko and Vitali Klitschko's jockstrap.

I challenge you say to me that Ward or Mayweather are more skilled than Wladimir Klitschko. Go on! I dare you!
    You lost all credibility with such silliness you cannot look without bias just another fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      Erik Morales got a win over a one handed Pacquiao. Not Pacquiao that had everything besides pure boxing ability.

If Pacquiao is as predictable as you claim then why is it it took one of the greatest counterpunchers of all time 42 rounds to figure Pacquiao out who was Taylor made for his style. And not only that Floyd didn't even predict where Pacquiao was going to set up but just completely hide behind his jab. That is not something that you would consider a "Predictabe" fighter since it took Pacquiao one round to adjust to Cottos defense and nullify his defense by feinting a straight left to land an upper cut.
      Wait a minute, you just said he was one handed. So if you had to guess which hand he was punching with you could predict it right? I guess you could say he was punching in a way that was expected. I wonder what's a shorter word we could use for that...

I already said he had great reflexes and could compensate for it. Mayweather was able to predict what he was doing within in a few minutes of the fight. Pacquiao was still quick and could get away from some of Mayweather's counters but he was still a step ahead. The Cotto fight was the first time I gave props to Pacquiao for adjusting to an opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        You lost all credibility with such silliness you cannot look without bias just another fanboy.
        Except, my points aren't any more of an indication of 'fanboyism' than those claiming GGG can't be great because 'he isn't moving up in weight division DOE' or 'he is straight up and down with no special effects DOE'.

By their same logic, Wladimir Klitschko is greater than all those American boxers like Andre Ward and Floyd Mayweather Jr since Wlad actually competed in the heaviest division. Whilst, just like how they criticize GGG for not moving up, Ward, nor Mayweather moved up to heavyweight to give themselves the ultimate challenge.

By their same logic, if GGG has no 'special effects' and is 'straight up and down' (whatever they mean), then how about Wladimir Klitschko (who is stylistically similar to GGG)? Wladimir Klitschko is SIGNIFICANTLY more skilled than either Ward or Mayweather, despite the claims of 'no special effects' and etc.

Comment

What's wrong with 'straight up and down, no special effects' anyway? Golovkin does have a number of wrinkles and a few tricks up his sleeve, but all in all it's not a terrible description - Dude's technically very proficient and does what he does extremely well even if he is starting to show signs of slippage. There's no need for extraneous flash - for 'special effects' if you like - if 'straight up and down' is working so well. Dudes are treating this like it's an insult though myself I think Floyd was just saying what he saw... I think people have just interpreted it to fit in with their preconceptions - but 'straight up and down' does not mean that you ain't a great fighter.

We've seen plenty of guys with eyecatching skills fall by the wayside at the first sign of adversity... maybe 'special effects' ain't the be all and end all?
          Last edited by Citizen Koba; 09-26-2017, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            What's wrong with 'straight up and down, no special effects' anyway? Golovkin does have a number of wrinkles and a few tricks up his sleeve, but all in all it's not a terrible description - Dude's technically very proficient and does what he does extremely well even if he is starting to show signs of slippage. There's no need for extraneous flash - for 'special effects' if you like - if 'straight up and down' is working so well. Dudes are treating this like it's an insult though myself I think Floyd was just saying what he saw... I think people have just interpreted it to fit in with their preconceptions - but 'straight up and down' does not mean that you ain't a great fighter.

We've seen plenty of guys with eyecatching skills fall by the wayside at the first sign of adversity... maybe 'special effects' ain't the be all and end all?
            Wladimir Klitschko (who has even less special effects than Golovkin) is an even better BOXER than those boxers who supposedly have so much more special effects like Mayweather, Andre Ward and Canelo Alvarez.

Comment

Working...
            X