Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can we do to help women's boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can we do to help women's boxing?

Women's boxing is really suffering right now we just lost a good exciting fighter in Heather Hardy due to lack of attention and pay issues (not enough money) How can this problem get fixed?

Cut it completely

Comment

3 minute rounds.

12 round title fights.

Condense the divisions. 105, 112, 118, 126, 135, 147, 160 & 160+ (although might wanna put a ceiling of 200lbs or lower on this HW-like division vs having it be unlimited).

1 title. Multiple titles hurts mens boxing. Multiple titles buttf#cks female boxing cuz the herd is already too thinned out with so few girls in each division. We need to get the champions in each division known not to be merely be one among 3 or 4 other top girls.

Lighter gloves which will equal more KO's.

After you get all that lined up then its on the women & putting on great fights.

Comment

Nothing.

No one expected Gina Carano to grab everyone's attention and put women's MMA on the map, nor was anyone expecting Rousey to become a household name and the biggest name in MMA, period.

Stars are born, not made.

The same is true for boxing: they can televise fights and push for greater visibility for women's boxing until they're blue in the face, but until a woman comes along that puts asses in seats, makes people demand to see her on TV, and generates genuine hype and interest at a grassroots, word-of-mouth level..... women's boxing will continue to be a sideshow.

Personally, I think we should be doing the opposite: encourage women to go into MMA. There's a chance at a real career there, and the talent pool would deepen. Women's boxing is a joke and I say that without the slightest bit of malice; there just aren't enough women interested in boxing to make the divisions deep enough to regularly make quality matchups. You see women who have absolutely no business in any ring fighting the bigger names, even contesting for titles in womens boxing on a regular basis. That results in a sport that has zero credibility.
        Last edited by paulf; 03-16-2018, 02:12 AM.

Comment

I say make them lose the gloves and stop punching. We need more hair pulling, scratching and biting.

Comment

They gotta have the looks too and box with their ******* hanging out.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              Nothing.

No one expected Gina Carano to grab everyone's attention and put women's MMA on the map, nor was anyone expecting Rousey to become a household name and the biggest name in MMA, period.

Stars are born, not made.

The same is true for boxing: they can televise fights and push for greater visibility for women's boxing until they're blue in the face, but until a woman comes along that puts asses in seats, makes people demand to see her on TV, and generates genuine hype and interest at a grassroots, word-of-mouth level..... women's boxing will continues to be a sideshow.

Personally, I think we should be doing the opposite: encourage women to go into MMA. There's a chance at a real career there, and the talent pool would deepen. Women's boxing is a joke and I say that without the slightest bit of malice; there just aren't enough women interested in boxing to make the divisions deep enough to regularly make quality matchups. You see women who have absolutely no business in any ring fighting the bigger names, even contesting for titles in womens boxing on a regular basis. That results in a sport that has zero credibility.

This sums the situation with womens boxing perfectly. I thought Taylor and Nicola would emerge as PPV forces, but their rivals have been meh so far. MMA is where it's at for females at the moment.

Comment

Topless boxing?

I'm all for that...

:boobies:

Comment

its good for a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                    They gotta have the looks too and box with their ******* hanging out.
                    Some of them older girls ******* would be hanging down too much & be like having high trunks & sh^t protecting them from body shots.

Also who really wanna see bruised up ******* after a fight? I don't think me I know that much, but fair play to anyone digging beat up *******.

Comment

Working...
                    X