No announcement yet.

NRA Head, They “Hate Individual Freedom”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    We've got a plan then. The government will bomb the 15 million rifle owners (or whatever it is, I'm not a Yank), who are also their own citizens, if they don't want to give their guns up. Even if it's only 1% of the total that puts up a fight over their guns, that's an awful lot of people Americas got to call the tanks in on to achieve what's being talked about here.
    lol yes I'm sure the government will have no problems killing the assault weapons owners without killing thousands of innocent people in the process..

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor Ramon View Post
      We've got a plan then. The government will bomb the 15 million rifle owners (or whatever it is, I'm not a Yank), who are also their own citizens, if they don't want to give their guns up. Even if it's only 1% of the total that puts up a fight over their guns, that's an awful lot of people Americas got to call the tanks in on to achieve what's being talked about here.
      We already had this thread a week ago. Y'all need to go bump that thread it sounds like.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I saw this. I find it astonishing that this kind of coded language the NRA and other conservative based groups use is so successful in manipulating those that support them.

I ignored it because Trump spoke about children's exposure to violence in video games, movies and on the Internet. Trump said :

"We have to do something about maybe what they're seeing and how they're seeing it. ... We may have to talk about that also."

Anything to avoid talking about guns.
        They’ve actually been talking about the effects of this for awhile.

No. 13; Updated December 2014

American children watch an average of four hours of television daily. Television can be a powerful influence in developing value systems and shaping behavior. Unfortunately, much of today's television programming is violent. Hundreds of studies of the effects of TV violence on children and teenagers have found that children may:

become "immune" or numb to the horror of violence
        begin to accept violence as a way to solve problems
        imitate the violence they observe on television; and
        identify with certain characters, victims and/or victimizers
        Extensive viewing of television violence by children causes greater aggressiveness. Sometimes, watching a single violent program can increase aggressiveness. Children who view shows in which violence is very realistic, frequently repeated or unpunished, are more likely to imitate what they see. Children with emotional, behavioral, learning or impulse control problems may be more easily influenced by TV violence. The impact of TV violence may show immediately in the child's behavior or may surface years later. Young people can be affected even when their home life shows no tendency toward violence.

While TV violence is not the only cause of aggressive or violent behavior, it is clearly a significant factor. Parents can protect children from excessive TV violence in the following ways:

pay attention to the programs their children are watching and watch some with them
        set limits on the amount of time they spend with the television; consider removing the TV set from the child's bedroom
        point out that although the actor has not actually been hurt or killed, such violence in real life results in pain or death
        refuse to let the children see shows known to be violent, and change the channel or turn off the TV set when offensive material comes on, with an explanation of what is wrong with the program
        disapprove of the violent episodes in front of the children, stressing the belief that such behavior is not the best way to handle a problem
        help with peer pressure among friends and classmates by contacting other parents and agreeing to enforce similar rules about the length of time and type of program the children may watch
        Parents can also use these measures to prevent harmful effects from television in other areas such as racial or sexual stereotyping. The amount of time children watch TV, regardless of content, should be moderated because it decreases time spent on more beneficial activities such as reading, playing with friends, and developing hobbies. If parents have serious difficulties setting limits, or have ongoing concerns about their child's behavior, they should contact a child and adolescent psychiatrist or a mental health provider for consultation and assistance

https://www.aacap.org/aacap/families...lence-013.aspx

I’m sure there are many more articles as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
          Details please.
          Drones, intercepted communications and the plethora of other chit the US government has that people have no idea about.

Actually, I take back the statement "without deploying any troops" that was hyperbole, but my point still stands the gov would destroy any dumbasses resisting tyranny within a few days max.
          Last edited by Hype job; 02-25-2018, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Its not about gun deaths per se. This isn't statistics. Thats something I don't think some of you guys get. Stopping production on these assault rifle type of guns is going to slow down these dummies who flip out from killing 30 kids in 10 minutes at schools like fish in a barrel.

The fish in a barrel angle to this problem is a large part of the problem & that can occur in any crowded place with these types of weapons. I've not heard of mass shooters so effective with minimal distance, maximum firepower/ability to injury & less need to be overall proficient with guns than these shooters using assault rifles. So if you want some stats here you go.

To me this is lawn darts type sh^t or those tiny crackerjack toys kids kept choking to death on & gots nothing to do with any old pieces of paper. Some mfers couldn't handle lawn darts & some parents weren't on top of things their kids stuck in their mouth so they had to quit selling those items. Assault rifles & other things that help more people to be killed easier by dummies is something that need not be sold anymore. Feel free to protect yourself, go hunting & just do w/e you buy a gun for minus killing mfers with the reasonable devices that we've deemed safer for public type firearms.

And if you got those types of guns now. Fair play. You obviously aren't a f#cking dipsh^t who's looking to go shoot up a school or a movie theater so keep doing whatever it is you're legally doing with them minus selling them to other people who might be f#cking dipsh^t.

Its reasonable sh^t if you think about it in the slightest & don't make it some usual R vs D bullsh^t dick measuring competition or some mark of man type activity or worse yet some sort of freedom thing when plenty of are "freedoms" are regulated to a more reasonable zone.

Not about gun deaths per se? So you'd ban the AR-15 rifle when statistics don't back the numbers.

The Virginia Tech Shooter was equipped with two hand guns, and he killed almost twice as many kids as the Parkland shooter. So your argument that banning AR-15's would slow down the process doesn't hold too much weight.

And that chart of statistics you posted doesn't tell me ****. Interestingly, they put "killings" and not murders. How many of those "killings" were lawful AR-15 owners and Police who killed in self defense?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
              Not about gun deaths per se? So you'd ban the AR-15 rifle when statistics don't back the numbers.
              Thats what I said yes. Its NOT really a numbers thing. Its an ease of killing/injury humans thing.

The Virginia Tech Shooter was equipped with two hand guns, and he killed almost twice as many kids as the Parkland shooter. So your argument that banning AR-15's would slow down the process doesn't hold too much weight.
              Because of one case? What % of 10+ death/injury mass shooting situations are done with assault rifles? Idk, but I'm guessing its more then with less effective fireams in a mass killing scenario. Look at some of these dispsh^ts who are killing/injuring in most of these incidents. If that type of mfer came at me with a knife & his meanest face I'm making myself a -500 favorite to be the one walking away from that situation. These are emo p#ssies largely. When a emo p#ssy can take out 10+ human lives in under 5 minutes thats not a gun people should have access to.

And that chart of statistics you posted doesn't tell me ****. Interestingly, they put "killings" and not murders. How many of those "killings" were lawful AR-15 owners and Police who killed in self defense?
              Idk what overall killings got to do with what I'm talking about. If some criminal shoots some other criminal that sounds like some sh^t that don't got sh^t to do with 97% of the public. Thats weeding out bad mfers in my estimation.

Some emo p#ssy going into a classroom or movie theater or a hotel & opening fire on a huge crowd of innocent humans just trying to live their life with other like minded individuals with a weapon that can kill & maim a human like few other weapons can do that regular citizens have access to is a public health & safety concern at that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Thats what I said yes. Its NOT really a numbers thing. Its an ease of killing/injury humans thing.

Because of one case? What % of 10+ death/injury mass shooting situations are done with assault rifles? Idk, but I'm guessing its more then with less effective fireams in a mass killing scenario. Look at some of these dispsh^ts who are killing/injuring in most of these incidents. If that type of mfer came at me with a knife & his meanest face I'm making myself a -500 favorite to be the one walking away from that situation. These are emo p#ssies largely. When a emo p#ssy can take out 10+ human lives in under 5 minutes thats not a gun people should have access to.

Idk what overall killings got to do with what I'm talking about. If some criminal shoots some other criminal that sounds like some sh^t that don't got sh^t to do with 97% of the public. Thats weeding out bad mfers in my estimation.

Some emo p#ssy going into a classroom or movie theater or a hotel & opening fire on a huge crowd of innocent humans just trying to live their life with other like minded individuals with a weapon that can kill & maim a human like few other weapons can do that regular citizens have access to is a public health & safety concern at that point.
                Ok this is quickly going no where and I don't think you're quite grasping the point that if you ban AR-15's it won't change a damn thing except that school shooters will just switch to using hand guns. At which point then the next focus of conversation will shift to banning all handguns.

Comment

• Originally posted by ΣNΣMY View Post
                  No they aren't the same. A rifle shoots further than a hand gun. A higher caliber puts a bigger hole in you. What I am saying is take the parkland shooting. He could've inflicted the same and if not more damage with a 9mm pistol.
                  Virginia Tech comes to mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
                    You think Cleetus and Billy Bob have a chance against the government?

Can you tell me how long the war in Afghanistan has been going on?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                      Ok this is quickly going no where and I don't think you're quite grasping the point that if you ban AR-15's it won't change a damn thing except that school shooters will just switch to using hand guns. At which point then the next focus of conversation will shift to banning all handguns.
                      Okay so here's a question since shooting US citizens with assault rifles is just supposed to be an accepted risk of life in the United States when you attend an event with a crowd or in a contained space now.

When do those stats you brought up = a number high enough to take the action of looking into the weapons of choice for these incidents? And when do enough kids have a school shooting story and probably PTSD do we try to change the trend we are on?

Hopefully you'll give me a real answer cuz I'm legit curious of your real answer and if you even think a number can be reached that warrants getting firearms that can be used to injury and kill so easily off the store shelves.

Comment

Working...
                      X