Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Controversy is Gonzalez not Jacobs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

soul_survivor clearly was aboard the hype train. Roman Gonzalez clearly lost last night. I was expecting the Thai to get screwed out. Last nights judging was refreshing after so many bad/controversial decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      I think another point should have been taken away from the headbutts. It was excesisve and beyond accidental.

And yeah, Gonzalez was clearly the superior fighter in there, whereas the other other was a physical trheat, strong enough to push RG back and grab him and out muscle him but pushing, headbutts and hugs dont win fights. Punches do.

RG threw more and landed more.
      I didnt see the 8-4 , i wanted RG to win , but he couldn't hold him off , the headbutts were not only the thai guy , RG went in ALOT , also punches win fights i agree but i think that when RG was winning rounds he did it emphatically with much more volume and when he lost they were closer but he still lost them , so round per round scoring he lost.

Comment

I think Chocolatito has a much better argument for being robbed last night than Jacobs.

Comment

you had the fight 8-4 for RG?.....jesus christ , you don't have the right to criticize other's scorecards with that BS, sorry!

Comment

It may come down to which telecast you watched HBO vs Boxnation. I was watching the HBO telecast & was screaming numerous times throughout the fight that Lampley & co. were not calling the work that the Thai was doing numerous times. He was literally bullying Choco at tim his punches were driving him back. If he had ANY semblance of head movement he may have had an easier time of it. HBO was quiet as a church mouth when Thai was doing good eork but falling over themselves when Choco was getting good work in. Even when the unreliable Compubox had the Thai landing more punches Chocolatito's punch highlights were shown between rounds. After one round which the Thai CLEARLY won in my book Lampley spewed some garbage like the Thai got some good work done but Chocolatito landed the hsrder shots are some malarkey. Wonder how Boxnation saw the fight because I know they had GGG needing a big 12th to win the main event.

Comment

It was a close fight, but I thought Gonzalez should have gotten the nod.
              The guy fought his heart out despite the KD and the cut he had. Showed the heart of a champion, fought like a champ and at worst it should have gone down as a draw.

The sad part is he should have taken the Cuadras rematch. The way Cuadras looked last night, Gonzalez may have KO'd him. Now that fight while still in demand won't have the same luster. Neither will an Estrada rematch.

Comment

a draw was fair, i had no problem with roman winning but yea dont think the thai did enough to take the titles tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                  It was a close fight, but I thought Gonzalez should have gotten the nod.
                  The guy fought his heart out despite the KD and the cut he had. Showed the heart of a champion, fought like a champ and at worst it should have gone down as a draw.

The sad part is he should have taken the Cuadras rematch. The way Cuadras looked last night, Gonzalez may have KO'd him. Now that fight while still in demand won't have the same luster. Neither will an Estrada rematch.
                  Lol, Cuadras came out trying to put on a show by knocking his opponent out and was made to realize that being an "aggressive fighter/knockout artists" has it's nuances.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                    Lol, Cuadras came out trying to put on a show by knocking his opponent out and was made to realize that being an "aggressive fighter/knockout artists" has it's nuances.
                    He came in with Gonzalez in his mind and didn't realize that in front of him he had a tough Carmona guy.
                    It was a terrible performance IMO.

Comment

Chocolate Potato lost. Sor Rungvisai deserved the decision. can't believe people think this is controversial.

Comment

Working...
                      X