Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing gloves weight difference

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winnings are not like most others. They're super-soft and absorb a lot of the impact. I've sparred with 14oz winnings, no problem (though I have a lot of control). They are softer than 16oz Grants, for sure.

If you are sticking w/ Winning, I recommend 16oz for sparring. 18oz Winning seems crazy for a guy under 200lbs. Save those for working your power on the heavy bag.

Comment

There are many shops that have boxing gloves with different sizes ..one of the best shop that i searched online store that is http://rdxsports.co.uk/boxing-gb/gloves , it's gloves look good and also available in difference color and size beside ringside , everlast and venum etc you can also visit this shop...

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Winnings are not like most others. They're super-soft and absorb a lot of the impact. I've sparred with 14oz winnings, no problem (though I have a lot of control). They are softer than 16oz Grants, for sure.

If you are sticking w/ Winning, I recommend 16oz for sparring. 18oz Winning seems crazy for a guy under 200lbs. Save those for working your power on the heavy bag.
        Unfortunately I only got these 18oz Winnings :/

What disadvantages have the 18oz gloves in sparring?

And the dudes in my gym use 12oz crappy boxing gloves, they hurt like hell

Comment

Originally posted by BuakawBanchamek View Post
          Unfortunately I only got these 18oz Winnings :/

What disadvantages have the 18oz gloves in sparring?

And the dudes in my gym use 12oz crappy boxing gloves, they hurt like hell
          The disadvantage is, as you said earlier, feeling slower. I also don't care for bulk around the hands. However, there is a distinct advantage in that you have greater defense with larger gloves and can guard much better. So, if that's all you got, no worries. I'd rather have 18oz Winning than just about any other brand in 16oz so you're already ahead of the curve. Plus, you have a badass bag glove since Winnings don't get scratchy other or compressed padding when you use them on the bag, you can use them for both sparring and bag.

Comment

Actually heavily ounced gloves are used in sparring and heavy bag workout. I would suggest using the heavier version of boxing gloves so that you can guard better. As you all might know the most decent size suggested for sparring is 16 oz. And also you can use the same for the heavy bag workout as they provide greater protection and padding to your hands while hitting the bag hard and delivering power punches.

We might wonder what brand to buy; when there are thousands of brands being marketed in the sports niche every day. My coach suggested me to check out the website of this formidable sports enterprise who have been paying him a visit. He said that I should buy only the gloves that I am comfortable with and that www.turner-sports.co.uk provides a wide range of gloves which can be used for various purposes for instance there is a separate pair for sparring, bag work and the lighter gloves (say 10 oz.) can help you take part in the actual fight.

TurnerMAX not only provides gloves that are built to last long but also provides the durability and affordability to the buyer. I personally used them and the skull does the trick, the evenly dispersed padding makes sure your hands and wrist are at complete harmony with each other while wearing them.

You can easily buy TurnerMAX products by visiting their product page on the retail giant amazon.co.uk where reviews can be visited to ensure the quality and standard maintained by this prestigious sports association. Not only are these gloves made up of pure cowhide leather but also available in different sizes and colours. You can even choose the synthetic leather boxing gloves if the pure leather gloves seem financially out of reach. Obviously pure leather gloves fit much nicely and have a softer finishing which caters to your boxing needs.

You can visit this page to pin point the exact location of these fine boxing gloves.
            https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...+boxing+gloves

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X