No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Morel Claims Leg Injury as Montiel Withdrawal Reason

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
    118 is deep as ****. I'd like to see Mares, Perez, and Vasquez Jr. get in the mix. Hasegawa should get to the back of the line and fight some tune up fights.
    I doubt Vazquez Jr would move down.

Moreno and Cermeno never get mentioned when people discuss the quality fighters at 118.

Comment

Originally posted by Rijkaard View Post

Moreno and Cermeno never get mentioned when people discuss the quality fighters at 118.
      Vasquez Jr is at 122? Didn't know that.

Comment

Vasquez Jr is at 122? Didn't know that.
        Yes, he is.

Comment

118 is deep as ****. I'd like to see Mares, Perez, and Vasquez Jr. get in the mix. Hasegawa should get to the back of the line and fight some tune up fights.
          It really is........which is why I hope Montiel doesn't waste anymore time with this guy.

Comment

Moreno needs to stop fighting in other peoples countries/hometowns if he wants to keep that belt. The only reason he's winning is because he's completely outclassing his opponents and shutting their offense down, even then it's still by close decision.

I remember reading article on here on Concepcion still training hoping to get a fight against Montiel or someone else. Hopefully they both would except this fight on short notice.

Morel already lost to Penalosa, he needs to **** off already.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
              Moreno needs to stop fighting in other peoples countries/hometowns if he wants to keep that belt. The only reason he's winning is because he's completely outclassing his opponents and shutting their offense down, even then it's still by close decision.
              As I was saying to someone else, he's defended his belt six times, four on foreign soil. However, it's not like he's a Mexican promoted by GBP and fighting in the US. Plus, his style is not one that is easy to travel with. He's a road warrior for sure.

Luckily, his next fight is in Panama City, a rematch against Cermeno. I read some saying it was a controversial decision, something I don't agree with. It was close fight, nothing scandalous about it.

Comment

sad news... could have been a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  Now how will he chase down high school girls
                  hahahahahahhahahahahahah

Comment

As I was saying to someone else, he's defended his belt six times, four on foreign soil. However, it's not like he's a Mexican promoted by GBP and fighting in the US. Plus, his style is not one that is easy to travel with. He's a road warrior for sure.

Luckily, his next fight is in Panama City, a rematch against Cermeno. I read some saying it was a controversial decision, something I don't agree with. It was close fight, nothing scandalous about it.
                    I know, there's a lot of factors that force him into having to be a road warrior, but he needs to try to get in with a name opponent (even if it's on their home soil) before he gets robbed.

Nobody wants to fight a long, slick, southpaw with a solid jab and defensive skills... But he has a title, talent, and skills, so it's not like a major promoter wouldn't want to sign him.

Cermeno is a good, versatile, underrated fighter, having a close fight against him isn't bad. Haven't seen that fight yet though, so I can't really comment on the actual fight.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                      I know, there's a lot of factors that force him into having to be a road warrior, but he needs to try to get in with a name opponent (even if it's on their home soil) before he gets robbed.

Nobody wants to fight a long, slick, southpaw with a solid jab and defensive skills... But he has a title, talent, and skills, so it's not like a major promoter wouldn't want to sign him.

Cermeno is a good, versatile, underrated fighter, having a close fight against him isn't bad. Haven't seen that fight yet though, so I can't really comment on the actual fight.
                      Yeah, I agree.

I have the fight on DVD, but it's on youtube now. The quality isn't the same though, as you might expect.

Cermeno is the kind of guy, that even if you beat him, he'll make you look bad in spots. He doesn't like to engage and has a way of dictating the pace and getting guys to chase him, like in the Mijares rematch and against Valdez. And when it comes down to it he's got good skills, good handspeed, nice 1-2, and is a decent body puncher (that helped in the Moreno fight). Plus, he's one of the dirtiest cats in the game. TBH, I would've had Moreno-Cermeno 114-114, if Cermeno hadn't nailed Moreno on the cup three times, so I had Moreno by a point.

Comment

Working...
                      X