Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If You Dont Believe In God & Will Never Be Punished In Any Shape/Form/Manner.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
    its not what Im saying I dont know how to word what im trying to ask. Was gonna delete it but said fuck it....

Im asking what makes everyone not just turn into a killer? basically.

What makes me or you care about the next man that we dont even know to the point that we wont kill him even if it will benefit us and their will be no consequences for us and we know/believe that as a fact.

1) Rule of Law
    2) Empathy
    3) Evolutionary instincts
    4) Societal Conditioning
    5) Wanting to be Good
    6) How we have been treated
    7) The brutality of killing
    8) Retribution
    9) The Risk to ourselves.
    10) And lastly, not wanting to

Comment

its not what Im saying I dont know how to word what im trying to ask. Was gonna delete it but said fuck it....

Im asking what makes everyone not just turn into a killer? basically.

What makes me or you care about the next man that we dont even know to the point that we wont kill him even if it will benefit us and their will be no consequences for us and we know/believe that as a fact.
      It’s a moral compass most were born with. Everybody knows right from wrong somehow. It’s a good question to ask imo. Where does our moral compass come from, And why is everybody’s pretty much the same?

Comment

I guess if you don't believe in an afterlife & you can't get caught for crimes you do I guess you'd have some bodies on your non-existent record cuz most of us were young & dumb & would take advantage of that. If you don't got someone you'd have knocked off before you turned 25 you musta had a charmed life.

The whole angle to the question makes it a cheat code type of life doe. I doubt most people would hurt anyone who didn't do them wrong & a solid % might not even do anything then, but there are plenty of sociopaths out there that take advantage of any edge they can get & if you give them the ability to not get caught for their crimes they'll take full advantage of anyone & everyone they can in any & every way they can. Sh^t some mfers believe in an afterlife & know they could go to jail do that sh^t now to one degree or another lol.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          The Spanish slaughtered thousands of Indians in North and South America in the 1600s and 1700s and the early 1800s and all in the name of God. So many people were burned at the stake as witches in the good old days of England and New England by people who believed in God.
          Both of those are misrepresentations. The Spanish killed the Indians for two other reasons along with "God". For Gold and for Glory ( fame, being revered in Spain). Gold was the main reason though. Most Indians died because of disease rather than at the edge of a sword or bullet.

The Puritans didn't kill those accused of withcraft plainly because of God. There are many theories and some of the more plausible ones have to deal with the women that were accused being powerful, outspoken, land owners, and unmarried. They went against Puritan values and they wanted them out of the way even if they resorted to making up lies. If you look at the statistics the majority of the women accused match my description. Even though they made up a very very small percent of Puritan society as a whole.

So think again about the examples you use for "Christians killing in the name of God" 100% of the time you will find they weren't really good Christians and none of Jesus' teaching justify their actions.

Comment

If You Dont Believe In God & Will Never Be Punished Legally, financially or in anyway shape or form...

what will keep you a compassionate human being?

at what point do you start killing people off to push your agenda?

Say You dont believe in god or a higher power so you believe their is no punishment in the after life for your sins/evil deeds etc?

and say your powerful enough that you can pull off mass murder scenarios without it ever tracing back to you etc.

at what point do you start just have people killed to push your agenda?

Do you believe theirs people like this in real life? are these type of people behind all these mass murders (school shooting, 911, etc)
            Not believing in God doesn't mean you lose your humanity, compassion or ability to empathize.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
              Both of those are misrepresentations. The Spanish killed the Indians for two other reasons along with "God". For Gold and for Glory ( fame, being revered in Spain). Gold was the main reason though. Most Indians died because of disease rather than at the edge of a sword or bullet.

The Puritans didn't kill those accused of withcraft plainly because of God. There are many theories and some of the more plausible ones have to deal with the women that were accused being powerful, outspoken, land owners, and unmarried. They went against Puritan values and they wanted them out of the way even if they resorted to making up lies. If you look at the statistics the majority of the women accused match my description. Even though they made up a very very small percent of Puritan society as a whole.

So think again about the examples you use for "Christians killing in the name of God" 100% of the time you will find they weren't really good Christians and none of Jesus' teaching justify their actions.
              Very well said, sir.

Even people killing in the name of God supposedly doesn't mean that God's teachings preach to kill in his name. If a person does this in his name, they are just wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                1) Rule of Law
                2) Empathy
                3) Evolutionary instincts
                4) Societal Conditioning
                5) Wanting to be Good
                6) How we have been treated
                7) The brutality of killing
                8) Retribution
                9) The Risk to ourselves.
                10) And lastly, not wanting to
                Which all are baseless and meaningless to what Mikey is trying to point out.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                  Which all are baseless and meaningless to what Mikey is trying to point out.
                  You clearly don't understand them then

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    You clearly don't understand them then
                    I think you are not getting the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                      I think you are not getting the point.

OK explain to me how evolutionary instincts (behavior) is meaningless and baseless regarding morality.

Comment

Working...
                      X