No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em #4 - George Groves vs Chris Eubank Jr, Feb 17

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
    I see I'm the only that voted for Groves by stoppage 5-8. We have seen the damage Groves can dish out early doors in fights, he literally battered Froch for 6 rounds and usually comes out sharp and strong.....Eubank's chin won't take what Froch's could, and he gets stopped.
    i wouldnt be shocked if he stopped him, im not sold on eubank one bit

Comment

Groves, KO 5-8, 3x

Comment

TBear -MEGA- BostonGuy BIGPOPPAPUMP

Please stick this thread

Comment

Going to go with experience and resume this time. Eubanks is athletic as can be and in absolute top form. But can he sustain the edge over 12 rounds against a more proven track recorded veteran? If Groves can survive an early onslaught of combinations and pressure from Eubanks and take him into deep waters where stamina an shear will take over,....or don't,.....Groves may turn the tables and things could get ugly for Eubanks down he stretch. Groves has a solid chin,....that's an unknown for Eubanks thus far. Somehow I don't see this fight hearing the final bell. Groves by late KO/TKO 9-12

Comment

jaded can you sticky these please

Comment

Comment

Finally it's stickied lol.

Jr stops him late imo, Groves is broken and will crumble under the constant pressure and activity. I think it will be competitive at the time of the stoppage though.

He has improved since the Badou Jack loss and since being with Shane but i still don't think he's quite what he was and even at his best he still had questionable stamina.

Comment

Tough one due to boths vulnerabilities but I fancy Groves to come out on top, I'll go by decision.

Jr hasn't much of a jab or variety of feints, his head movement is excessive and exaggerated and often puts him off balance and unable to counter. I think he gets outboxed and pays a heavy price trying to get inside, I expect he will try overwhelm Groves with his quick flurries but I don't think he has the pop or ability to sustain it and keep the fight where he wants it.
                  Even where he wants it Groves is dangerous with those counters and does have power up close.

Groves decision.
                  Last edited by dan_cov; 02-17-2018, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Groves close decision X2

Comment

I like Jr in this fight. Late KO as GG tends to gas.

Comment

Working...
                      X