Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: Mayweather Wants a Lower Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While I find Canelo to be too big for Mayweather (c'mon the weight diff. is HUGE), a win over Canelo IMO makes Mayweather go from ATG to legendary. Fighters back in the day like Henry Armstrong never gave a crap about weight and just fought the biggest challenges imaginable.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      Is this a serious comment?
      Yea because look at how he crashed Ortiz's face. Then in Ortiz's next fight he loses because of a Broken jaw? The way my mind works, that KO had to do something. It was vicious.

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
        Floyd was overtrained for Cotto. Cotto is slow, shot, and been through some wars. Floyd Sr didnt allow Floyd to overwork himself for this fight. He did multiple interviews about how Floyd needed to let his body rest. Look at the flatfooted Floyd who fought Cotto, who was getting hit by slow shots. Look at the lightfooted Floyd who fought Ghost the same way he fought Genero hernandez. Flying around the ring with lightning foot movement. The Floyd who fought Cotto, would lose to Ghost. The Floyd who fought Ghost, would stop Cotto LOL

Also from the beginning of training camp, people from his camp said that Floyd came to the gym and was hitting "super hard" and Floyd himself said he felt as if he had new power.

Look at when Ghost fought Berto and Aidyn, he walked through the punches, and I predicted him to be too much for Floyd.
        Yeah he was over trained, sick, and his hand hurt, etc. blah blah blah. He fought a fighter on his level for the first time in a long time and it showed. He still won clearly. You act Floyd just decided to fight better against Ghost, never mind Guerrero has no concept of how to cut the ring off like Cotto did Floyd, trapping him in the corner and taking away his movement.

You're not seriously comparing any aspect of Berto and Aydin's game to Floyd Mayweather's are you? Seriously?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          Is this a serious comment?
          Read his comments in this thread

Comment

• So this confirms Floyd DOES see Canelo as a threat

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
              Yeah he was over trained, sick, and his hand hurt, etc. blah blah blah. He fought a fighter on his level for the first time in a long time and it showed. He still won clearly. You act Floyd just decided to fight better against Ghost, never mind Guerrero has no concept of how to cut the ring off like Cotto did Floyd, trapping him in the corner and taking away his movement.

You're not seriously comparing any aspect of Berto and Aydin's game to Floyd Mayweather's are you? Seriously?
              No disrespect to cotto but he wasnt on Floyd's level in that fight. He lost handily. Sure he touched Floyd up, but it wasn't that close of a fight. Cotto is a good fighter and he has nothing to be ashamed of in his performance but it wasn't an even fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                No disrespect to cotto but he wasnt on Floyd's level in that fight. He lost handily. Sure he touched Floyd up, but it wasn't that close of a fight. Cotto is a good fighter and he has nothing to be ashamed of in his performance but it wasn't an even fight.
                I admit he clearly lost that fight and that Floyd is a better fighter. I guess I should say he's closer to Floyd's level than Guerrero will ever be.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post

Floyd was indeed overtrained. I never thought that Cotto did good against Floyd. I felt that Floyd did bad against Cotto. Cotto is short, stubby, slow, and washed up. When he threw slow punches, Floyd looked dead at them, and didnt even move out of the way.

Leading up to the Cotto fight, Jeff did interviews saying he wanted Floyd to slow down on training, and take a few days off. Roger did a piece on HBO saying that Floyd was already, ready to fight. Several people did interviews saying that they hoped Floyd didnt peek too soon.

The Floyd who fought Ghost, fought like a lw version of Floyd. Its two completely different Mayweathers. Floyd used footwork better than he has ever, and when he barely moved, he flew across the ring barely even trying. The overtrained Floyd who fought Cotto, couldnt even dream about doing that. And Cotto is NOT on Floyd's level. He just caught Floyd at the right place at the right time. Im not being biased for Mayweather, like your being biased for Cotto. Im not even a Floyd fan. But Floyd was OBVIOUSLY in bad shape, and its clear as day from his horrible performance.

Comment

Ghost didnt get hurt by Aidyn. Him getting caught, and staggering but at the same time clinching and beating up his body, is not hurt to me. And Aidyn is a big puncher, but Ghost didnt care. He brawled as he wanted. And I think Ghost ruined aidyn too.
                    Ruined Aydin . The only guy getting hurt in that fight was Guerrero. Count how many times Bernstein says "Oh my!" when Guerrero takes it flush from the bum and wobbles.

Dude before Aydin ever got to pounding the Ghost, he was getting rocked by Ouali and outboxed by Dan without getting hurt. You realize Aydin is 151lb fight night, that's a good sized LW? He has a 64' reach, same as Gamboa. So you got a reach challenged LW with no technique or workrate, and iffy chin. Throws 30 punches a round, all haymakers.

Comment

Floyd was indeed overtrained. I never thought that Cotto did good against Floyd. I felt that Floyd did bad against Cotto. Cotto is short, stubby, slow, and washed up. When he threw slow punches, Floyd looked dead at them, and didnt even move out of the way.

Leading up to the Cotto fight, Jeff did interviews saying he wanted Floyd to slow down on training, and take a few days off. Roger did a piece on HBO saying that Floyd was already, ready to fight. Several people did interviews saying that they hoped Floyd didnt peek too soon.

The Floyd who fought Ghost, fought like a lw version of Floyd. Its two completely different Mayweathers. Floyd used footwork better than he has ever, and when he barely moved, he flew across the ring barely even trying. The overtrained Floyd who fought Cotto, couldnt even dream about doing that. And Cotto is NOT on Floyd's level. He just caught Floyd at the right place at the right time. Im not being biased for Mayweather, like your being biased for Cotto. Im not even a Floyd fan. But Floyd was OBVIOUSLY in bad shape, and its clear as day from his horrible performance.
                      But you put it all on Floyd, like if he wants to have a hard fight or an easy fight, he trains accordingly. It's your opinion, dead wrong, but it's your opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X