Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does GGG Have a Legal Case to Sue Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does GGG Have a Legal Case to Sue Canelo?

I'm not a lawyer, but I'd say yes most definitely.

In case GGG decides to cancel the fight, would he be justified? Yes? No? (This is not likely given his semi-competent team.) I hope they stick up for him.

What do you think? You don't need to be a legal expert or anything, just speculate all you want!
    Yes
    52.00%
    No
    48.00%
    Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 03-22-2018, 12:15 AM.

Wilder sued Povetkin over positive tests... and wins the case.

Comment

Unless GGG can prove the things that he's claiming, Canelo can sue him for defamation.

Comment

No.

Canelo was neither:

1. Fined or suspended
        2. Professionals, including doctors and Victor Conte confirmed it was consistent with meat contamination.
        3. He passed the next 2 tests clean.
        4. The sanctioning bodies determined he was not trying to cheat.
        5. If i'm not mistaken, NSAC is investigating, if they determine that Canelo wasn't trying to cheat and the fight goes on then GGG would have even less of leg to stand on.

Originally posted by SceneBoxer View Post
        Wilder sued Povetkin over positive tests... and wins the case.
        1. Because Povetkin was actually caught roiding up hard, that was the second time, and second cancelled fight due to him taking PED's.
        2. He was suspended and fined by the WBC.
        3. Fight was cancelled, money was lost.
        4. Povetkin failed a drug test against Stiverne before and that fight was cancelled.
        5. Povetkin admitted to using the PED, but said it was before it was banned by VADA.
        6. It wasn't trace amounts.

Comment

Not a chance. Not in American law. There's not even any proof Canelo intended to dope so it would get thrown out.

Comment

I don't see what he'd sue him for exactly. I don't think you can sue for testing positive for something in particular when there is reasonable doubt he used it to gain an edge by itself. Proving intent with that would seem tough. It'd be like Valdez suing Quigg for coming in overweight like it was on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
              I'm not a lawyer, but I'd say yes most definitely.

In case GGG decides to cancel the fight, would he be justified? Yes? No? (This is not likely given his semi-competent team.) I hope they stick up for him.

What do you think? You don't need to be a legal expert or anything, just speculate all you want!
              Canelo factually failed the test. That is a fact, dont matter why or how. If GGG cancels the fight, he loses allot of money. So he sues Canelo for the money he lost. Thats how it works.

I dont think he can sue, if he goes through with the fight, because in that case, he doesnt lose any money.

Comment

I think GGG can sue if Caneloterol gets banned/suspended by any of the governing orgs and then the tainted fight gets cancelled. There's damages on GGG's side, lost income, training expenses, etc.

Comment

can turn legal only if nelo made him cry his eyes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Not a chance. Not in American law. There's not even any proof Canelo intended to dope so it would get thrown out.
                    They wouldn't have to prove intention. The standard is negligence.

That being said, I'm pretty sure these contracts have clauses and the failed test would have to cause the fight to get called off (not GGG walking away).

Comment

Working...
                    X