Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Return Could Move From Las Vegas to StubHub Center

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappointed again

Comment

This is all time bad if they move the fight to Stub Hub on May 5th just so they an get a Mexican opponent for Cinco De Mayo.

I get that you need to maximize the earning potential, but a proposed fight with Munguia has received such heavy backlash that Loeffler has to know it won't end well for his guy.

Comment

The fight is next month

Comment

If you are Mungia, do you take your shot and get a life altering payday in the process? (and hopefully not a life altering beating)

Personally I'm not familiar with this kid at all. From his record it looks like he can punch, beyond that know nothing about him.

If I'm him, I'm thinking I take the chance. I don't know what a fighter clears from a $750,000 dollar purse but I'm sure it's a hell of a lot more money than I ever saw at that age.

Damn you Mexican meat!!

Comment

Ok this is BS, logistically moving a fight 3 weeks out to another state is f***ed. What about all those poor bastards that forked out money for travel, hotel and tickets. This is amateur hour. They should have secured the opponent by now, Andrade at T-Mobile and get on with it, that's a solid fight. If they are dead set on fighting a can well I think GGG will be losing a lot of fans.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
              SMH............I'm done
              You probably not the only one.

I am fine. Immune at this point. Move it to Stub Hub (an excellent venue for boxing. The crowds are usually great). Do whatever. Nothing about this situation has been fair or worked out, so at this point it is just damage control.

If it is at least a decent opponent in Sergiy Derevyanchenko and it is followed by the long simmering unification with Saunders, all this will end up as a foot note in his career. Just avoid the train wreck it could end up being.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                This is all time bad if they move the fight to Stub Hub on May 5th just so they an get a Mexican opponent for Cinco De Mayo.

I get that you need to maximize the earning potential, but a proposed fight with Munguia has received such heavy backlash that Loeffler has to know it won't end well for his guy.
                Usually, athletic commissions respect the decisions of the other commissions in other states. If California approves someone the Nevada commission didn't, it opens the door to health/cheating/moving sites to avoid decisions fighters do not like. That is why Nevada's suspicion of Alvarez will be so painful- all 50 states in the US have athletic commissions that will honor it.

My opinion is that if Nevada did not approve Munguia for the fight, California will follow their lead.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  And you know this because you have close ties to Golovkin's camp. Too funny. He's fought all the top contenders in the middleweight division and beat them all. So once again you are blowing smoke out your ass..

no, because.....

if Gennady was unhappy fighting bums, he would change it up

like I have told you 1000 times..... they lied to you kid

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
                    Ok this is BS, logistically moving a fight 3 weeks out to another state is f***ed. What about all those poor bastards that forked out money for travel, hotel and tickets. This is amateur hour. They should have secured the opponent by now, Andrade at T-Mobile and get on with it, that's a solid fight. If they are dead set on fighting a can well I think GGG will be losing a lot of fans.

exactly !!

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                      I can't imagine California wanting to sanction that fight and not look super sketchy in the process. It would look bad on them for turning their cheek to a positive test so quickly after the scandal. Loeffler and the team need to give a decent amount to somebody respectable that even on a short notice fight, if they lose, they still get paid decently. Giving some complete no-hoper good change pisses me off. I realize the money has to come from somewhere and some of the guys have problems with pricing themselves out, but there's always a number.
                      This.

And the fact that Munguia is a 154lb 21year old prospect crushed me. Just cuz he is Mexican and GGG badly needs this Cinco de Mayo date for whatever fantasies he believe will happen to his star power once he destroys a Mexican on May 5th.

Comment

Working...
                      X