Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo most overrated boxer of the modern day era??????????????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't have a horse in the race when it comes to canelo, I neither am a fan of his nor do I dislike him, but he has had too many controversial decisions go his way.

He's a very good fighter but he does struggle with movers and I thought he fought well but got edged out by golovkin twice

IF they have a third fight though I think canelo will stop him as golovkin is at an age where those last two fights will have taken something out of him and I don't think he can really adapt his style.

Alvarez actually reminds me of like a slightly better version of Cotto in that he wouldn't be in the spot he's in if not for his fan base, but he'd still be seen as a "good" world level fighter

That's my general thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
      If Canelo beats Jacobs decisively ,this clown will still say Jacobs was robbed,hes already saying literally just that ahead of time. In the history if sports thats ALWAYS been the go to move if you can't take an L like a man. When Canelo was intentionally weight drained vs Floyd(who was bragging that he weight drained Canelo so he would be depleted)he still took the L like aman. And he definitely won some rds despite twats claiming he lost every rd.

he will say that Jacobs was never the same after fighting Golovkin

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
        absolutely. tell me. what good fighter has he beaten without needing gift from judges????? lara should have won. trout fight should have been a draw at best. struggled against old way past prime bloated cotto. easily lost against ggg twice. even got a gift card against floyd hahahahahahahahahaha. what a joke. farce. he can only beat up subpar opposition.

so why does he get so much praise???? why does he get talked about like some legendary hof'er????? explain.

jacobs without a doubt will need a KO to win. canelo can lose easily and still win on teh cards. hahahahaha what a joke.
        Some people talk about fighting everybody, but Canelo walks the walk.

He fought Floyd (and conceded in weight), fought Mosley, fought Cotto, fought Lara, fought Angulo (people said he'd duck and it was rated as a 50/50 fight on these very boards...I've shown the links and polls time and time again), fought Gennady, fought Trout (people said he'd duck), and now he's fighting Danny Jacobs (people said he'd duck).

Canelo has the single best resume in boxing today aside from Pacquiao. He's moved up in weight and fought the best available fighters every time...Lara/Trout @ JMW (Trout was the guy after beating Cotto), Floyd between 147-154, Gennady at 160.

Yes, Gennady receives favoritism in scorecards. No, that does not mean he hasn't earned every win.

Canelo-Lara was a 7-5 swing fight. Depending on what you like you could have either guy winning.

Canelo-Trout was a 7-5 swing fight. Depending on what you like you could have either guy winning.

Both Canelo-GGG fights were swing fights. I've gone over time and again how I find it insulting that people think Canelo "robbed" GGG the first time out.
        • First fight: All 3 judges, even the guy who scored for GGG, gave Canelo rounds 1, 2, 10, 11, and 12. That's 5 rounds. Even Harold Lederman, who hates "boxers", gave Canelo round 3. Personally I gave Canelo 1-4 and 10-12 in first fight. I was okay with a draw because it was that kind of fight.
        • Second fight: I haven't been able to watch a HD version of the rematch yet...trying to find a link if anyone knows. The fight wasn't overly difficult to score live though, but on first watch I felt a draw was warranted. I had Canelo 7-5, but again could definitely see a Draw...that kind of fight. Again.

Canelo has earned his Floyd treatment where, unless he absolutely dominates, people accuse and belittle or whine about ducking/performance. There are dozens of posters here, literally, who are ALREADY complaining about Canelo fighting Danny Jacobs in May - literally the best possible opponent Canelo could've chosen...moreso than Gennady (who Canelo TRIED to fight, but Gennady declined the offer)...and some "posters" have complained that it's GGG's leftovers (a fight that could've legitimately been 114-113 for Danny...) or Canelo's ducking "X, Y, and Z".

People don't understand when you hate on a fighter so much you are indirectly praising them. Canelo is the face of boxing, and much like Anthony Joshua, he gets criticized no matter who he fights...the #1 guy, #2 guy or #3 guy...it's never enough.

What separates Canelo from every other boxer is he fights the #1, #2, and #3 guys at their weights (152, 160, 164, 168, etc.) and always gives an honest effort. No Canelo is not a 1st ballot HOF (yet), but he's building a strong case.

He has 2 major flaws...he can't fight moving counter-punchers and he can't distinguish himself in legacy fights (Trout, Lara, Gennady, Cotto, etc.). Aside from that Canelo is everything you want in a fighter

Comment

His scorecards are so widely horrible that it can really irritate people. I mean a judge was pretty much forced to retire after she judged one of Canelo's fights, and the other one was banned for a long time.

The past two GGG fights can really irritate an individual because it's horrible for boxing. Very similar to the Ward/Kovalev fights. When tragedy's happen like this people get all worked up and become complete mental cases on these forums.

There isn't anybody in the history of the world who would argue that Canelo deserved a draw in the first fight.

Only 2 people in the entire building scored the fight for Canelo in the rematch. One of them was a woman.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            I know why you mad Canelo broke your soul GGG tappped out a Mexican Style fight he cried for in the first place

GGG own trainer threw him under the bus and told the world he lost lol

But by all means keep crying about it LMAO
            All that tells me is Golden Boy got to Sanchez aswell as the judges.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post

He fought Floyd (and conceded in weight), fought Mosley, fought Cotto, fought Lara, fought Angulo (people said he'd duck and it was rated as a 50/50 fight on these very boards...I've shown the links and polls time and time again), fought Gennady, fought Trout (people said he'd duck), and now he's fighting Danny Jacobs (people said he'd duck).

Canelo has the single best resume in boxing today aside from Pacquiao. He's moved up in weight and fought the best available fighters every time...Lara/Trout @ JMW (Trout was the guy after beating Cotto), Floyd between 147-154, Gennady at 160.

Yes, Gennady receives favoritism in scorecards. No, that does not mean he hasn't earned every win.

Canelo-Lara was a 7-5 swing fight. Depending on what you like you could have either guy winning.

Canelo-Trout was a 7-5 swing fight. Depending on what you like you could have either guy winning.

Both Canelo-GGG fights were swing fights. I've gone over time and again how I find it insulting that people think Canelo "robbed" GGG the first time out.
              • First fight: All 3 judges, even the guy who scored for GGG, gave Canelo rounds 1, 2, 10, 11, and 12. That's 5 rounds. Even Harold Lederman, who hates "boxers", gave Canelo round 3. Personally I gave Canelo 1-4 and 10-12 in first fight. I was okay with a draw because it was that kind of fight.
              • Second fight: I haven't been able to watch a HD version of the rematch yet...trying to find a link if anyone knows. The fight wasn't overly difficult to score live though, but on first watch I felt a draw was warranted. I had Canelo 7-5, but again could definitely see a Draw...that kind of fight. Again.

Canelo has earned his Floyd treatment where, unless he absolutely dominates, people accuse and belittle or whine about ducking. There are dozens of posters here, literally, who are ALREADY complaining about Canelo fighting Danny Jacobs in May - literally the best possible opponent Canelo could've chosen...moreso than Gennady (who Canelo TRIED to fight, but Gennady declined the offer)...and some "posters" have complained that it's GGG's leftovers (a fight that could've legitimately been 114-113 for Danny...) or Canelo's ducking "X, Y, and Z".

People don't understand when you hate on a fighter so much you are indirectly praising them. Canelo is the face of boxing, and much like Anthony Joshua, he gets criticized no matter who he fights...the #1 guy, #2 guy or #3 guy...it's never enough.

What separates Canelo from every other boxer is he fights the #1, #2, and #3 guys at their weights (152, 160, 164, 168, etc.) and always gives an honest effort. No Canelo is not a 1st ballot HOF (yet), but he's building a strong case.

He has 2 major flaws...he can't fight moving counter-punchers and he can't distinguish himself in legacy fights (Trout, Lara, Gennady, Cotto, etc.). Aside from that Canelo is everything you want in a fighter
              When you constantly get bull***** scorecards and act the way he acts, it can be very irritating to stand. The way he behave before/during/after the first GGG fight... it was an embarrassment.

It was an absolute tragedy that that fight was scored a draw. It kills boxing.

He had a DRAW... a DRAW against Mayweather on a scorecard. I want you to think about that and contemplate how that is even possible.

Comment

Originally posted by hypejobbuster View Post
                your hero lit g,got his face broken
                cherry picking photos is meaningless u weirdo.

Comment

The thing that annoys me about the canelo fans is they can't just admit that the first GGG fight WAS A robbery.

Like it's not Alvarez fault and he put in a very good fighter but it was a robbery.

Defending it makes people not take you seriously.

My favourite fighter is Carl Froch bit I admit that Dirrell got robbed against him and Groves got stopped a bit too early first time fighting him.

It doesn't hurt to admit this

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
                    Golovkin is the most overrated boxer of the modern day era.
                    Facts! I have never heard anyone saying Canelo was ATG middleweight and also Canelo was never proclaimed P4P greatest boxer like GGG! If anything he’s underrated and only now starting to get his praise

Comment

just fighting whoever doesn't deserve u of praise. again what good fighter he beat without shady scorecards, or gift decisions???????? all his best fights he arguably lost. what about this makes him a great fighter and future hof'er??????? what a joke.

he can only beat (without controversy) overmatched subpar opponents. no one cared much about the angulo fight after he was destroyed by kirkland. mosley was old and past it yet canelo couldn't even drop or stop him and even struggled in spots hahahahahahahahaha. KO'ing small chinny khan? give me a break. fielding??? extremely laughable. etc. etc.

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post

Canelo has earned his Floyd treatment where, unless he absolutely dominates, people accuse and belittle or whine about ducking/performance. There are dozens of posters here, literally, who are ALREADY complaining about Canelo fighting Danny Jacobs in May - literally the best possible opponent Canelo could've chosen...moreso than Gennady (who Canelo TRIED to fight, but Gennady declined the offer)...and some "posters" have complained that it's GGG's leftovers (a fight that could've legitimately been 114-113 for Danny...) or Canelo's ducking "X, Y, and Z".

Last edited by Divine Hammer; 01-18-2019, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X