Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OFFICIAL LOUNGE FIGHT DISCUSSION/RBR thread!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The OFFICIAL LOUNGE FIGHT DISCUSSION/RBR thread!!!

Well, you guys have been asking me for this one for a while and, seeing as how two separate threads were created here about Martinez/Cotto within just the past hour, I can't think of a better time to implement this thread.

This is our fight discussion thread - For lounge regulars only. This is the place to actually talk boxing with your lounge buddies without having to contend with a sea of contentious teenage fanboys spouting nonsense or labeling you a "h8er."

I want to make this clear - I want this thread to be a success. I don't want to see the same sort of idiotic trolling and bull**** in this thread that you see in NSB on a daily basis - The entire purpose of you guys requesting this thread is to bypass all of the bull**** and idiocy that occurs in NSB. So be thoughtful, respectful, and mature when discussing fights in here, as I'll not respond kindly to people trying to derail the conversation or turn it into further Mayweather/Pacquiao gayness.

Time to get cracking, fellas. Enjoy.

NOTE - If this thread ends up being a hit, I'll sticky it for you guys for easier access.
    Last edited by ßringer; 06-07-2014, 08:49 PM.

Woar Cotto! This reply was engineered by vodka cranberry...

Comment

Sexy Sergio in an easy victory, unanimous by wide margins...UNLESS his knees are shot....then it will be more difficult but still a decision win.

Comment

With that said, my thoughts for tonight's main event follows...

I think Cotto/Martinez is the definition of a 50/50 fight at this point in time. I see Martinez being heavily favored by stoppage and I'm scratching my head. A few years ago? Yeah, I can easily see Martinez being heavily favored to stop Cotto early. But with recent outings, multiple surgeries, and a year layoff - I'm not sure that the version of Martinez most people are expecting to show up even exists anymore.

That said, I favor Martinez in this fight very slightly, but not without some serious reservations and I'm not nearly confident enough in him to actually bet money on this.

Official prediction? Martinez via majority decision in a closely contested bout. I expect his knee to give him problems as the fight wears on, making the fight much closer than it would be if it were healthy.

Comment

Martinez looks worse and worse with every fight. His body is shot. Not to mention he's been out of the ring for 14 months and he spent 9 of those months immobile after the surgeries.

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
            Martinez looks worse and worse with every fight. His body is shot. Not to mention he's been out of the ring for 14 months and he spent 9 of those months immobile after the surgeries.
            Rumor is he hasn't been sparring in preparation for this fight, either.

That can't be good. This is a world title defense against a top level fighter, not some tune up against a tomato can.

Comment

Im thinkin its to close to call for me as well. I hope for a great fight with no,bs stoppage or scoring.

Comment

Easily, Martinez wins this. Not even close.

Comment

since this is the thread among buds, why dont one of you be a pal and link me when this fight starts

Comment

Checking in. Bout to order the undercards hoping I dont get charged double and that it stays on the entire night. Wish me luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X