No announcement yet.

'Abraham boxes like a biginner' Kessler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Abraham boxes like a biginner' Kessler

By Nikolaj Ovesen: According to Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet, Ricard Olsen who has been Kesslers trainer through most of his career, calls the fight against Andre Ward, the moral finale of the tournament.

He was ringside at the super six premiers at Berlin and gave his thoughts on the Abraham/Taylor and Froch/Dirrell fights.

“Abraham box like a beginner, and Taylor can apparently no longer take a punch” He [Richard Olsen] said about the first fight. He wasn’t exactly impressed by the technical level in the Froch/Dirrell fight either, and has openly stated that he thinks the hardest fight in the tournament for Mikkel Kessler will be the first fight against Andre Ward.

Andre Ward and Mikkel Kessler are without a doubt ahead of the other contestants when it comes to technique, followed by Jermain Taylor. Abraham and Froch doesn’t really rely that much on technique, but rather good defense (in Abraham’s case) and brute strength. Dirrell obviously has the potential to be a good technician, but from what we saw in his fight against Froch, he’s still too inexperienced to compete with Kessler and Ward on a technical level. That being said, I still look very much forward to his fight against Ward.

Look for November 21st to be a great day of boxing. Look for it to be a day where, arguably, two of today’s best technicians, and the two favorites (According to Ricard Olsen) to win the Super Six Tournament, goes toe to toe and delivers a great fight. It’s not something anyone should miss.
    Last edited by Steve Harvey; 10-21-2009, 05:06 AM.

Seems like it's Olsen saying it, not Kessler. Kessler said he was impressed by Abraham.

I don't necessarily disagree though. Abraham isn't the classiest boxer out there.

Comment

You have to agree with the man. abraham isnt the most technically gifted fighter, but he's dam good at what he does and if kessler isnt careful then he could be in trouble if he gets caught a few times by abraham. I still believe kessler is the man to beat, i rewatched his fight with calzaghe last night and that right hand is a bomb of a punch and its very accurate. It also demonstrated kessler is a superb counter puncher with a great chin and superb stamina, he's was still throwing bombs in the twelve round and fought damm hard for the whole 3mins.

Comment

Abe boxes like a beginner?!?...........WOW!!!

Comment

TS spells beginner like a biginner

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
            TS spells beginner like a biginner
            Nope, that's just how Danish people spell beginner.

Comment

Working...
            X