Collapse
No announcement yet.

are japanese cars more reliable than american cars

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still buying ford or gm or chevy, profit goes to american company as opposed to foreign company..

While i like to think as a patriot by supporting american made/companies, i wonder if the hassle would make me regret it..

Comment

At first I thought the thread title read, “are Japanese kunts more reliable than American kunts.”

I think that’s enough BoxingScene for one day.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
        They are all made from the same parts in random factories around the world. No such thing as American or Japanese cars anymore.
        guy thinks just because they arent put together in japan then they arent japanese lmao

trust me the parts may even be made in whatever country but the design is pure japanese

like most of ur posts tho u like to come across as mr know-it all

Comment

In my experience as long as you keep up with the maintenance both are equally reliable. American car maintenance is cheaper than Japanese cars, but again as long as you stay on top of it, they both are good.

Comment

I like Japanese cars and American Trucks. Got one of both Accord/Sierra.

Comment

Most reliability surveys say Japanese cars are more reliable but the gap is getting smaller. Really are there any cars made entirely in the manufacturer's home country anymore. Parts are sourced from all over the world in a lot of vehicles. American companies are more profit oriented vs Japanese car manufacturers so it's not surprising that they are more reliable. .

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
                guy thinks just because they arent put together in japan then they arent japanese lmao

trust me the parts may even be made in whatever country but the design is pure japanese

like most of ur posts tho u like to come across as mr know-it all
                They are engineered by multinational firms, the parts are purchased from the same handful of large multinational contractors and they're assembled in factories around the world for logistics/tax optimization.

In extreme cases are even based off of the same universal platform and merely rebranded depending on positive/negative brand image the country of sale. Back in the day Mitsubishis were sold as Dodges. Nowadays Renault/Nissan/Mitsubishi use a modular platform for several models and rebrand it depending on country of sale.

You can tell absolutely nothing about reliability or design approach based on which country the corporate entity marketing a car is based in.

That's what you thought I meant? that their location of assembly changes the engineering? Really? You are a definitely a dull subhuman who communicates in text-grunts.
                Last edited by ////; 05-19-2019, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
                  What do you think
                  - -You behind the times.

Other than a name, pretty much the same in America.

Now go to Japan and you can get as close to a pure Japanese car as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by AL YANKAB*TCH View Post
                    I like Japanese cars and American Trucks. Got one of both Accord/Sierra.
                    This is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                      Installation/craftmanship is way different my friend, like night and day.

It’s true that alot of japanese vehicles are built elsewhere but like Toyota Land cruisers, LX 570, and 4 runners are assembled in Japan. Plenty more.

It’s a known fact that Japanese made cars are hella lot more reliable than all others.

American cars are not as refined as japs and germans.

Only US vehicle id drive are the pickup trucks.
                      My Buick is way more reliable than my BMW.

Comment

Working...
                      X