Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Turned Down $5M, Asked For $10M To Fight Joshua 6/1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5M dollars lmao they never wanted to fight Ortiz obviously. If they really wanted to fight him they’d at least offer him the same amount Miller was receiving. Why offer less to an higher caliber opponent fighting on short notice? DAZN fan boys brag about how much money DAZN has all the time now they’re supporting a lowball offer. 5M is a slap in the face.
    Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 04-24-2019, 01:36 PM.

Comment

5 mil, 3 belts and a shot at the #1 Hw in the world....after all that bs talk - Ortiz dont want that smoke!

Comment

I don't know, man....seems like everybody's turning down Hearn's money nowadays. Lol

On one hand, I feel Ortiz's team is slightly inept, given Ortiz hasn't made that much money in his career. On the other hand, maybe they're playing hardball to see just how much they can get.

If it's the latter, I understand.

IF, and I mean IF they really want Ortiz to step in and make this "I never wanted to see Joshua/Miller in the first place" fight an actual event.

So, yes, I feel Ortiz DOES deserve what Miller was getting, because let's face, ain't no ****in way in hell Miller deserved that much bread in the first place.

Ortiz almost knocked Wilder out in New York last year....pay homage and pay the man, especially since he only has 6 weeks to prepare.

C'mon, Eddie...you can't be Mr. Tight Money Grip forever. I believe this is Joshua's US debut...make it worth it for the fans this one time.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          If Hearn hopes to save this card with a compelling main event then Luis Ortiz is his only hope.

Otherwise he will have to resort to complete unknowns like Michael Hunter.

Just pay the man what you were going to pay Miller and let's go. It's already in the budget.
          I hope Hearn does up to 6.5 million so we can see this fight and after read your post trying to make excuses why Ortiz was destroyed by Aj with ease....it’s coming and another one of your hypes gets the AJ treatment

Comment

Low ball my ass, ***** old man didn't want that smoke

Comment

Good move by Ortiz, they need someone to save the day that is QUALIFIED, I’m not talking Micheal Hunter, Manuel Charr or Pulev material. On a five week notice and someone who is better than Big Ped Miller, and he is going to make a lot of money with rematch with Wilder, now we need Skipper to step in, slap Eddie Sperm in the head and save the day and give Ortiz what he is asking for

Comment

If Miller was worth 6 or 7 million, then surely Ortiz is worth 10.
                Miller had never faced or beaten a legitimate contender, and he
                was mostly selected because he had already aligned himself
                with DAZN. Ortiz has a better resume, a more fearsome rep,
                and would probably generate more interest with fans in NY
                than Miller. Ortiz deserves to make more than Miller would have.
                Matchroom wont even consider spending the money on Ortiz
                when they can have Michael Hunter for a million. They don't
                care. Joshua's fans, at least the British ones, are not picky.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                  There you have it

There’s no other way to describe it, that is a duck.

That is not a lowball offer considering Ortiz stock has plummeted since being knocked out by Wilder
                  And going 12 rounds with kauffman

Comment

They shouldn't have turned down that offer and an opportunity of a lifetime to fight for the heavyweight titles. It would have been his second chance, after the Wilder fight, and he shouldn't bank on a rematch unless Ortiz has something in writing.

Comment

They shouldn't have turned down that offer and an opportunity of a lifetime to fight for the heavyweight titles. It would have been his second chance, after the Wilder fight, and he shouldn't bank on a rematch unless he, Ortiz, has something in writing.

Comment

Working...
                      X