Comments Thread For: Matchroom, Chavez Jr, The NSAC and VADA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trilogy if Hearn has his way.

Comment

Could have done with an article like this for the Charlos evading their tests but this guy clearly crosses the line of just journalism when finish the article as he did.

"Rosado is Jacobs's back-up opponent in the event that Chavez doesn't make it to ring center for the opening bell on December 20. Gabriel has had twelve fights over the past seven years and won three of them. He has never fought at a weight above 160 pounds. If Jacobs-Chavez turns into Jacobs-Rosado, it will be a classic case of bait-and-switch."

Bait and switch doesn't really work here when you've stated Hearns goal is to milk the opponents fame and since Jacobs was pretty much guaranteed to win anyway it's not like Rosado is much worse opponent if at all. So it's not bait and switch more like using your back up opponent if you want to be objective.

Only thing this article highlights is the need for one commission and one drug testing system although probably not the VADA that this guy pedals since they passed Whyte so clearly are no good.

Comment

I'm not quite sure what we're supposed to take from this. Chavez Jr is an idiot and presumably still using drugs whether recreationally or for performancing enhancing purposes (and quite probably both). Kid's a bad joke and needs to get his ass out of the sport before he or someone else gets hurt.

Hearn is only concerned with making a buck and sought to circumvent the NSAC ruling by going to another commission, though it can't yet be said he attempted to break us law (it ain't his responsibility to uphold the ABCs rules or the Ali act in this circumstance, but the responsibility of the relevent Commision). Distasteful, but pretty much a promoter being a promoter the way I see it.

Mazzuli it seems is probably the dude most directly culpable here (besides Chavez of course but Jr is a stoner buffoon and I'd argue diminished responsibility.. ), but thankfully it looks he'll probably be overiden by Meneses unless the NSAC votes it as an administrative ban on the 20th.

EDIT: What I am maybe sniffing is some kind of politicking going on behind the scenes here, but I ain't really sure exactly what or why.
        Last edited by Citizen Koba; 11-13-2019, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
          Could have done with an article like this for the Charlos evading their tests but this guy clearly crosses the line of just journalism when finish the article as he did.

"Rosado is Jacobs's back-up opponent in the event that Chavez doesn't make it to ring center for the opening bell on December 20. Gabriel has had twelve fights over the past seven years and won three of them. He has never fought at a weight above 160 pounds. If Jacobs-Chavez turns into Jacobs-Rosado, it will be a classic case of bait-and-switch."

Bait and switch doesn't really work here when you've stated Hearns goal is to milk the opponents fame and since Jacobs was pretty much guaranteed to win anyway it's not like Rosado is much worse opponent if at all. So it's not bait and switch more like using your back up opponent if you want to be objective.

Only thing this article highlights is the need for one commission and one drug testing system although probably not the VADA that this guy pedals since they passed Whyte so clearly are no good.
          Mmm. I did notice myself... it's a bit odd, given the serious tone and material accustions contained in the rest of the article to basically use it to simultaneously take a dump on the quality of the opponents involved, which really has nothing to do with the legal and ethical concerns raised.

It has been my observation that Hauser, like most of the journos working in the sport, rarely writes anything without an angle, I just ain't sure what it is in this case.

The way it reads, if I may be allowed to paraphrase, is something like: 'Hearn's a crook and he puts on shit fights'.
          Last edited by Citizen Koba; 11-13-2019, 04:36 AM.

Comment

This idiot needs to be banned from all sports. He should not even be allowed to attend as a spectator. What a shame to his father's legacy. Very disrespectful to an already troubled part of Mexico that's plagued by narco terror, culiacan Sinaloa. This punk needs to be paraded around culiacan game of thrones style... "shame... shame... shame".

Comment

If Rosado is the bait and switch, then by all means, go ahead. Are we going to pretend as if Chavez Jr is going to try harder to win than Rosado is? Chavez Jr is a quitter. We've seen him quit by not even trying in the ring at times, and we've actually see him physically quit on his stool. Baffling how he continues to get opportunities based off his father's name and a stupid fan base that is interested in him regardless.

Comment

Thomas Hauser is always on top of things...as long as it involves fighters who are with a rival promoter to Top Ramk.

Makes you wonder if he's secretly on Arum's payroll.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  Jr. isn't someone to be taken seriously since like back in 2013... The guy just doesn't like this sport -- it's his father who was forcing him into it...
                  I dont blame him, he grew up a spoiled rich kid, its only natural he would rather be hitting bongs, eating burgers and playing video games.

Comment

And the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) code expressly treats evading, refusing, or failing to submit to a drug test as a violation with penalties that are the same as the penalties for a failed drug test.
                    Tell that to Charlos.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
                      It amazes me how posters in the thread think this is a hit piece against Hearn. lol. What they don't realize is that Hauser is sub textually outlining a Haymon fighter in Chavez Jr. for REFUSAL to submit to a random VADA visit.

Rosado is a GBP fighter. Makes more sense why Matchroom and GBP would rather this than their ''enemy.''

''And the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) code expressly treats evading, refusing, or failing to submit to a drug test as a violation with penalties that are the same as the penalties for a failed drug test.''

Charlo Bros.
                      chavez is no longer with haymon

Comment

Working...
                      X