If Wilder wins his next fight that will be his 10th title defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    Yeah dude makes very good videos and does his research
    Good dude Rummy... he used to post a lot on ESB when I was a regular there few years back, though I not been back to check if he's still posting.

Comment

Which if anything proves how meaningless "Title defences" are.

Comment

To be honest it isn't a big achievement in these day and age, a champion can follow the least path of resistant and accumulate a great number of defences, not saying what Wilder is doing isn't "great"...

Comment

Paper champ, two mandatories ever and two top 10 opponents, losing once unofficially. Shame, he could've established a much stronger legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Which if anything proves how meaningless "Title defences" are.
            I'm a fan of his but Joe Calzaghe already ruined the concept of long title defense streaks meaning you're the absolute best.

Comment

That's cool and all if he didn't lose to Fury and actually beat top opposition to defend his title

Comment

The big gangly chicken has only ever fought 2 top 10 opponents. Losing one of them, to a guy coming off 3 years of retirement lol. Pathetic.

Comment

Lost clearly to the only legitimate opponent he fought. Joke of a resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicc View Post
                    Doesn't mean much, when only 2 of the challengers you've defended your title against are actually good.
                    And one of them really won

Comment

I guess the Fury draw still counts as a valid "title defense?" It's a pretty good achievement regardless for somebody who's supposed to be super exploitable and unskilled, and his opposition hasn't all been bad either. That said, I think it'll be a hell of a lot more impressive if he manages to win his upcoming run of fights, ie. Ortiz and Fury 2 and then hopefully whoever is left standing between Joshua and Ruiz after that.

Comment

Working...
                      X