Comments Thread For: Inoue Fends Off Donaire, Wins WBSS Bantamweight Tournament

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SteveM View Post
    WHAT AN ABSOLUTE BRILLIANT FIGHT!!

Didn't the count get to ten? also ref got in the way of Inoue as Donaire was stumbling around the ring. Donaire was hurt and ref indicated don't hurt him anymore? Lol !

Donaire is an absolute warrior and credit to him being a clean fighter at nearly 37 years old and staying with Inoue.

Saying that, Inoue was up against a bigger, stronger hard-punching fighter but still got the job done. Talk of Inoue going to FW seems premature at the moment. First avenge your brother's loss.
    +1 to all that. Not sure what the ref would have done if Donaire didn't take a knee - its not like the ropes held him up which allows that ref to call it as a knock-down - Donaire let him off the hook.

For sure they both showed chin and heart - Donaire took some scary punishment in the 11th, amazing he hung in there till the end and still moving forward in the 12th trying to win it - and of course not forgetting Inoue getting his bell rung in the 9th (which led to the only holding in the entire fight, and then not for long) but coming back with a strong 10th.

Been saying for a while that Inoue needed a fight like that to improve - too many quick wins previously - those rounds will have taught him a lot.

Comment

• Ref counting him out would have been a joke. Credit the ref for letting him finish

Comment

• Anybody knows the ring weights? Donaire looked huge compared to Inoue.

I guess it was easier for Donaire to absorb those punches with the additional weight, but both boxers received a heavy punishment.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Oh this was DAZN’s idea. It makes sense now lmao. They’re terrible. They try their best for their boxing audience NOT to see the live boxing content that they have.

Idk how long boxing will last on DAZN at this pace. DAZN is so far really bad with it. I mean for $100 a year it’s a bargain to be able to watch all those fights that could be PPV, but still man they’re fcking up.
          It was the Japanese broadcasters idea, Inoue draws close to 10million viewers in Japan. They arent delaying for Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Letmaku View Post
            Nonito is 118,
            Rigo is 122, Walter 126, Loma 130 Garcia 135 Pacman 140 Floyd 147 etc.
            Yeah people need to grow some appreciation of weights. Donaire first came to fame at 112 (icing Darchinyan) then was dominant at 118 before going up in weight where he was outgunned by a younger Rigo at 122 (by which I mean Rigo was younger in 2013 and still close to peak - and at 122 Rigo beat anyone at that time), and Walters at 126 which was too high for Donaire and he couldn't hack it with the power of high-level opponents (as Donaire admitted).

At 118 Donaire is back at where his power makes a huge difference, even at 37. Inoue just got hit a LOT harder than he's ever been hit before, and might want to think hard before going higher - but depends how he grows. Donaire was 30ish when he strayed to higher weights and Inoue a bit younger, right now so Inoue might have some growth left in him that allows for growth into 122 and 126 in a year or two - we'll see (he's pretty short at 5,5 though shorter that Donaire by 2 inches..only slightly taller than Gary Russell and doesn't have a stocky build that suggests higher weights are in his range).

Anyway, lots of work at 118...Oubaali, Tete, Nery, which would make for some good fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
              You raise a good point.

What has Crawford done recently that equals what EITHER guy just pulled off, that warrants Crawford #1?
              He did the hardest thing in the sport of boxing and became undisputed at a weight. He's a 3 division champion and undefeated.

Also, he has more than 17 fights.

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              I think Breadman said they do that to please their networks and advertisers ??? I don’t know how that pleases networks when no one is clear on the date and times???

I like the Euro fights that start around 2 pm???

I’ve seen a few start at 7 pm which was cool.

I feel sorry for Eastcoast fans who are up well past midnight
              Yet another reason boxing can't win in America.

It's the only sport that starts at times that everyone is asleep :facepalm:

There needs to be some sort of universal time that fights happen where it's reasonable for people on both sides of the Atlantic.

My suggestion would be

6PM East Coast America Time

11PM London Time

8AM Tokyo Time

Maybe an hour or 2 one way or the other.

Originally posted by Abby26 View Post
              So inoue went to war wt and old aged fighter that rigo beat the crap out of and yet many hv him as pfp #1? the canelo hate is real. crawford beat postol a b+ fighter who was ko next fight and has fought nobody wt a pulse. Well atleast the true pfp fighter gts paid $33 mil a fight that speaks volumes. in 20 years people wl remember canelo not crayfish or inuit or loma. that is a fact
              In 20 years, we'll remember Canelo as a really good fighter who waited for GGG to get old, was a drug cheat, & who got decisions he didn't deserve at least 3 or 4 times.

Comment

• Forget the Fixed Canelo fights and other rubbish.

This was high level chess of violence.

Donaire has come out without fear and made the Monster look human.

Inoue NEVER been hurt like that.

Right from the first round he got respect of the Monster.
                But in Round 8 he got his attention.
                Round 9, nearly got him. I think Nonito gassed and let him off the last 40 seconds...
                Round 11 - Epic! Donaire really hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                  It was the Japanese broadcasters idea, Inoue draws close to 10million viewers in Japan. They arent delaying for Americans.
                  But DAZN is not a Japanese app. It’s an app that boxing fans got to watch live boxing matches.

Between the Canelo-Kovalev card and this card in back to back weeks, and them denying that they’re fcking up, they’re looking terrible.

Comment

• Two great champions.

No losers in this fight!

Comment

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
                      Yeah people need to grow some appreciation of weights. Donaire first came to fame at 112 (icing Darchinyan) then was dominant at 118 before going up in weight where he was outgunned by a younger Rigo at 122 (by which I mean Rigo was younger in 2013 and still close to peak - and at 122 Rigo beat anyone at that time), and Walters at 126 which was too high for Donaire and he couldn't hack it with the power of high-level opponents (as Donaire admitted).

At 118 Donaire is back at where his power makes a huge difference, even at 37. Inoue just got hit a LOT harder than he's ever been hit before, and might want to think hard before going higher - but depends how he grows. Donaire was 30ish when he strayed to higher weights and Inoue a bit younger, right now so Inoue might have some growth left in him that allows for growth into 122 and 126 in a year or two - we'll see (he's pretty short at 5,5 though shorter that Donaire by 2 inches..only slightly taller than Gary Russell and doesn't have a stocky build that suggests higher weights are in his range).

Anyway, lots of work at 118...Oubaali, Tete, Nery, which would make for some good fights.
                      Agreed. Always need context before judging fights and fighters.
                      And Prime Age of fighter and Weight class are exactly those things.

Donaire just gave Inoue a huge reality check.

Comment

Working...
                      X