Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is GGG getting old or as he not just now had touher opponents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mainly the quality of opposition. I'd imagine in the next few years we'll start to see a more significant decline though.

Comment

a bit of both. and the fact he was getting old may of got him the big fights.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
        hard to admit for a detractor like you that GGG is better than you thought and still dominated a Nelo being past it.

GGG is obviously past prime.

Who is getting better by the age of 35?
        Bring me up one fighter in history (hope you won't duck the question as usual) and why GGG would be the exception.
        You should more specifically ask: which PRESSURE FIGHTER at age 35, has ever beaten an opponent of Canelo Alvarez's and Daniel Jacob's caliber whilst being 5 or more years older than them.

This answer / challenge has been evaded by many through the use of red herring and other logical fallacies.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
          You should more specifically ask: which PRESSURE FIGHTER at age 35, has ever beaten an opponent of Canelo Alvarez's and Daniel Jacob's caliber whilst being 5 or more years older than them.

This answer / challenge has been evaded by many through the use of red herring and other logical fallacies.
          Which pressure fighter didn't turn pro until mid twenties and didn't fight a challenge until 35.

Golovkin doesn't have the wear and tear of other pressure fighters.

Golovkin fans keep ducking this.

Comment

Id say he might have slipped slightly but not that much. If he was going to beat you before he willl beat you now as well.
            But the thing is he is fighting better oppoents thats why he looked not fantastic for every second against brook. But then people will say Brook is rubbish being unrealistic.
            Brook was good. He never fought anyone other than Porter but he won didnt he? And he was unbeaten.

So i think GGG is fighting elite fighters now. But still winning

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              Which pressure fighter didn't turn pro until mid twenties and didn't fight a challenge until 35.

What challenge? Last time I checked, Golovkin has been the number 1 middleweight for the last half a decade. So who was he to fight that could've been a challenge at 160 pounds?

The fact that he was the number 1 middleweight in the world, plus the owner of most titles = he never avoided any challenge. How does one become the number 1 best boxer of their division with most titles and be claimed that they didn't fight a challenge?

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
                What challenge? Last time I checked, Golovkin has been the number 1 middleweight for the last half a decade. So who was he to fight that could've been a challenge at 160 pounds?

The fact that he was the number 1 middleweight in the world, plus the owner of most titles = he never avoided any challenge. How does one become the number 1 best boxer of their division with most titles and be claimed that they didn't fight a challenge?
                He didn't fight an A level fighter until this year. Doesn't matter why he didn't just that he didn't. He avoided Ward, that would have been a challenge. He could be a champion for 20 years it doesn't mean ****. It's who you beat. Other pressure fighters took challenges much earlier in their life.

Comment

This dude lil g is overrated since day one. It's not the age it the competition. Tom already told us that lil g & team said they could fight five more yrs. so all the lil g fans can kill that noise!

Comment

Opposition improving most definitely. Canelo and Jacobs were at the top of the food chain so both tough fights. Nobody has dominated him yet so I think he's still got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post

I guess time just stopped for GGG until his mid 20s.

How old are you?

Comment

Working...
                      X