Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigo was too small... period.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure Rigo (who may very well be 40+ years old) ever even intended to win this fight (not saying that even on his best night he could) It appears to me that he was there to get paid a send an FU to Arum and boxing in general. Rigo isnt the second coming of SRR but hard to believe at his skill level he had less success than basically any of Lomas previous opponents as far as punches landed etc... Sosa and Marriaga landed more effectively on Loma

Just my take I think P4P at any weight Loma bests Rigo but I am not convinced that Rigo ever thought he could or would compete that night.

Comment

• When you’re the smaller guy who is also older and less active, you better be on another level skill wise. And I knew Rigo wasn’t going in. That’s why I didn’t pick him to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by lopez12 View Post
        Just my take I think P4P at any weight Loma bests Rigo but I am not convinced that Rigo ever thought he could or would compete that night.
        Lomachenko said he took it easy on Sosa and Marriaga (he said he didn't want to beat Marriaga at all) and that he had to study Rigo's moves before the fight. You can believe it or not, that's up to you

Rigo made Lomachenko miss a lot, unlike Sosa and Marriaga. Defensively, he was way better than other Loma's opponents. The problem is, Rigo doesn't throw a lot of punches, he has to aim to throw a perfect shot and it was difficult task against a dynamic fighter like Lomachenko and not some stationary target. It was terrible style for Rigo to deal with, that's why it looked like Sosa had more success
        Last edited by g27region; 12-22-2017, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X