Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Spence given a pass for being a colossal weight bully?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kell Brook is a big welterweight too. I’m not defending this Mikey Garcia fight and don’t know who is.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
      Well the link i posted shows you Spence call himself a weight bully.. . so there's that

charles martin used to call himself a god, kid.

it helps to know what you're talking about before you make a thread on bscene showing everybody.

errol spence won his world title off of a massive WW. how did he use scales to bully kell f#cking brook? show me the fights that make you think he is a weight bully. or is he a weight bully because his opponent is talking about a fight that hasn't even been announced yet? i explained to you why this fight is happening, and why it's not a huge deal that garcia is a LW at the moment.

this fight can get these two on PPV. it can make them stars. theyr'e in their absolute primes and they want the fight. it's a good thing. garcia is taking on a huge challenge, if he wins it will be one of the best wins since rigondeaux schooled donaire. styles make fights. there's not a ton of ways that errol spence knows how to win a fight, this one should be good while it lasts.

Comment

He's not absolutely colossal for the weight like Munguia is at LMW. He's 5'9, about the same as his most recent opponents. It's a different story if he takes the Garcia fight though, that'll be an ugly physical mismatch.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post

let me put it out there im huge Spence fan. love his style and demeanor. I have him as the top dog of 147. Danny, Porter and Keith all hiding in a closet hugged tight waiting for this man to leave em alone.

But .. lets keep it real. Erroll does not belong at 147. the guy is HUGE!.. he is a middleweight (JMW at best.) same story as Brook that moved up to 160 and didn't even look out of place because his ass didn't belong at 147 either.

LOOK AT HIM.

https://youtu.be/iVoxRwwdoQw (Spence is asked what's his walk around weight. he replies "it's up there".)

https://youtu.be/PiLi4f-Kpp4 (at the 3:21 mark Spence calls himself a weight bully standing next to Jermell Charlo. Jermell replies "I'm big" then Erroll says "but you ain't that much bigger than me, the pictures be lying.")

He doesn't balloon up with fat like Ricky Hatton. he gets big but looks toned and defined as well.

Mikey Garcia will get his intestines beat out of him. but hey... dare to be great.
          Spence with REAL JMW

Comment

American boxing media keep pushing the fight

They arent smart or knowledgeable enough to ask proper boxing questions so they just run with the gossip headlines and oversaturate it to the point its boring.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
              Kell Brook is a big welterweight too. I’m not defending this Mikey Garcia fight and don’t know who is.

why not? garcia just sold 12000 tickets in staples center. thurman is recently injured and not interested in a hard fight, garcia and porter are fighting each other and have not seemed all that keen on the fight.

billy conn won a lot of rounds off of joe louis and the fight was terrific. garcia isn't some small LW, and he's a higher ranked fighter and a better fighter pound for pound than spence.

if they take the old school path on this ppv and cater it to a mexican and real fight crowd with an undercard they can do it right. and i'll be happy to pay for it. both of these guys have a shot to be one of the heavy hitters of the next five years. if garcia wins this he's a star overnight. **** canelo, the guy is a conjob, and mexican fans are going to come around to that a lot quicker if they have another star to look at. mikey speaks spanish, walks the walk, put 12 k butts in staples center. big enough balls to fight errol spence, and he won't run from him when the bell rings. let them fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                American boxing media keep pushing the fight

They arent smart or knowledgeable enough to ask proper boxing questions so they just run with the gossip headlines and oversaturate it to the point its boring.

yeah, it's way better to let eddie hearn tag in and f#ck your girlfriend

american boxing > everything else

hell, american almost everything > almost everything else. find me better country. and please don't say england, i will spill my tea.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  yeah, it's way better to let eddie hearn tag in and f#ck your girlfriend

american boxing > everything else

hell, american almost everything > almost everything else. find me better country. and please don't say england, i will spill my tea.
                  England has more propaganda i agree

Hearn convinced majority of uk fans that wilder is ducking aj even though wilder offered 50mil and hearn is offering less than he gave to parker lmao and wants uk judges and 1way rematch clause

But the way the american media was after the corrupt farce of kova ward rematch was a disgrace. They didnt mention the low blows once

Comment

Just like any other boxer if they can make the weight that's all that matters.

Comment

This is modern boxing.

In modern boxing, where boxers weigh-in 30-36 hours before the fight; significant dehydration for the weigh-in and rehydration for the fight is part of the game.

It is the responsibility of the fighter and the those training the fighter to make sure the fighter enters the ring both 1) fully recovered from the dehydration and 2) carrying the greatest possible lean body mass while still fulfilling #1 (and, of course, while making the weight).

Spence does this very well; all credit to him for doing so. So do Canelo Álvarez and Jaime Munguia.

Mikey Garcia does this poorly, as does Gennady Golovkin.

That Golovkin's hardest two fights came against boxers each of whom probably outweighed him by at least 10lbs in the ring was no coincidence. Were I advising either of these two I would suggest adding the muscle mass (and perhaps losing the bodyfat) needed to make this reality of modern boxing work for you, instead of against you.

An additional benefit of having a very low bodyfat percentage prior to "drying out" to make weight: one can dehydrate muscle much more so than one can fat; muscle is roughly 75% water vs. 20% for fat. That means, for example, that if two identical twin fighters--both weighing 160lbs while fully hydrated--need to "dry out" to make the 147lbs limit, and one has a bodyfat percentage of 12% (140.8 lbs of lean body mass [muscle, bone, organs, etc.] and 19.2 lbs of fat) and one has a bodyfat percentage of 7% (148.8 lbs of lean body mass and 11.2 lbs of fat) the one with 7% bodyfat will find the process much easier.

A good article on the process: https://tim.blog/2013/05/06/how-to-cut-weight-ufc/
                      Last edited by GelfSara; 07-31-2018, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X