No announcement yet.

Wilfredo Benitez vs. Roberto Duran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilfredo Benitez vs. Roberto Duran

It was arguably the best performance of El Radar in his boxing career. And he beat an All Time Great at the Prime of his career.

He gave Duran a boxing lesson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0UQ6OA2Fyg

I agree, but it was past prime Duran for sure. I don't think Roberto was over the No Mas fight either.

And honestly, Duran>Benitez career-wise, all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
      I agree, but it was past prime Duran for sure. I don't think Roberto was over the No Mas fight either.

And honestly, Duran>Benitez career-wise, all day long.
      Benitez was past it at that point also.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        Benitez was past it at that point also.
        Good point there.

I always preferred Duran, though. Duran thrilled crowds. Benitez put crowds to sleep.

Comment

Very good performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
            Good point there.

I always preferred Duran, though. Duran thrilled crowds. Benitez put crowds to sleep.
            I do not think it's possible to put Benitez over Duran. Lol the guy was an animal.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              I do not think it's possible to put Benitez over Duran. Lol the guy was an animal.
              He was street, ferocious and cute all mixed in together. Unreal mofo...

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
                It was arguably the best performance of El Radar in his boxing career. And he beat an All Time Great at the Prime of his career.

Duran's prime was at lightweight.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post

Duran wasn't prime in 1982, not by a mile. His last prime year was probably 1980, when he went 1-1 against Leonard. The Sugar man harried, hurt and humiliated the prime out of Duran.

I also dont think this was Benitez's best performance. He beat a man he was favourite to beat and was much bigger than. I feel Benitez's best night came in a losing effort to Leonard, and the latter recalled that Benitez had been the hardest man to hit.

The win over Palomino also has to be up there, who was the top welterweight on the planet and a hard puncher. Benitez largely controlled the fight and was so fluid, although the scorecards tell a different story which is weird.

Comment

Three weight classes above your best =prime
                    Make sense to me .

Comment

Working...
                    X