Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun sales always rise AFTER mass shootings...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun sales always rise AFTER mass shootings...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic..._medium=social

Im completely shocked by this.

Am I the only one???

Why do ya'll think that is?

And what does it say, if anything, about us?

Why would that shock you?

People predict the irrational housewife reaction ("omg a shooting happened, murders must be up 5000%")

Politicians milk that reaction and talk about banning inanimate objects

Consumers rush to buy those objects

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
      Why would that shock you?
      Your parents are from Afghanistan?

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
        https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic..._medium=social

Im completely shocked by this.

Am I the only one???

Why do ya'll think that is?

And what does it say, if anything, about us?
        Because people overreact and think the government is going to take their guns so there's a rush to buy as many as they can afford.

Comment

Patriotic Americans like myself recognize the very real possibility that after a mass shooting the US Army will do a door to door sweep across the nation and remove all of our guns.

So it's important that I buy more guns than there are arms to wield them in my house in order to retain our freedom.

Any call for 'common sense gun reforms' will be met with hostility since it's obviously just a call for forceful collection of all of our legally obtained weapons.

Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 10-03-2017, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Because people overreact and think the government is going to take their guns so there's a rush to buy as many as they can afford.
            The government is so far away from 'taking their guns' that this is a ridiculous reaction.

Dont people realize how government works?

Comment

The government is so far away from 'taking their guns' that this is a ridiculous reaction.

Dont people realize how government works?
              Yes I know. There was a run on guns when Obama was elected too. Obama signed 2 guns laws. Both laws expanded gun rights. One law allowed owners to carry guns in national parks. The previous law, signed by Reagan, made gun owners lock the guns in the trunk or glove compartments. The other law allowed gun owners to carry guns on checked luggage on Amtrack. These people aren't the brightest bunch.

Comment

Yes I know. There was a run on guns when Obama was elected too. Obama signed 2 guns laws. Both laws expanded gun rights. One law allowed owners to carry guns in national parks. The previous law, signed by Reagan, made gun owners lock the guns in the trunk or glove compartments. The other law allowed gun owners to carry guns on checked luggage on Amtrack. These people aren't the brightest bunch.
                Its nuts.

As per the article, gun sales were down by double digits since Trump was elected.

They really thought Obama was gonna take away gun ownership.

But now, with this admin, congress...

Comment

this, makes perfect sense not shocking at all

Comment

Its nuts.

As per the article, gun sales were down by double digits since Trump was elected.

They really thought Obama was gonna take away gun ownership.

But now, with this admin, congress...
                    Obama being elected was great for gun dealers and the NRA. Since the NRA can't use 'Democrats gonna take our guns' to scare their members, they've gone to racist messaging to scare their members. I saw an ad with them warning of BLM The BLM movement is submissive to the police

Comment

Working...
                    X